• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Official (TM) England - Belgium thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Are you tag-teaming with Bean?
    No i've been away for a few days - but back now.

Why do you ask?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      winning all 3 group games would lead to misplaced confidence
      FTFY

Comment

Wouldn't that lead to disqualification?
        Makes no sense to risk Kane getting an injury in this game.
        I agree with your last prediction.

I think in the end both sides will play their B-teams and it will be a lacklustre game.
        Injury risks are valid but you want to keep your in-form players sharp and of course he's surely desperate to play and get another goal. I'd assume he'd play part of the game. He's the captain and talisman too obviously, fans will want to see him.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Wouldn't that lead to disqualification?
          Probably. But then by that standard "Not Trying" should also lead to disqualification.

It's interesting though, how can you incentivise a game in which the outcome does not really matter?

Makes no sense to risk Kane getting an injury in this game.
          No, but he might do 45 minutes to see if he can add to his total. Can't see him playing the full 90 though.

I agree with your last prediction.
          I think in the end both sides will play their B-teams and it will be a lacklustre game.
          It will certainly be a novelty to watch a final England World Cup group game and not have to be concerned about the result.

Hopefully, it will be an entertaining, relaxed affair with a few good spells and a couple of goals.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
            It will certainly be a novelty to watch a final England World Cup group game and not have to be concerned about the result.

Did that at the last World Cup when their last group game was a dead rubber as they were already out.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Good luck England!
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

The Belgians are losing (winning) this game better. And they've cleverly gained another yellow card.
                I mean Belgian possession is about 30%
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

So far, so dull. Assume both teams are hedging and looking for a decisive fail in the dying minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                    So far, so dull. Assume both teams are hedging and looking for a decisive fail in the dying minutes.
                    They've just got another yellow. Which is good for them. FFS did Gareth not brief his players?
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

They've just got another yellow. Which is good for them. FFS did Gareth not brief his players?
                      They’re pretty thick, and he didn’t bring pictures.

Comment

Working...
                      X