• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stop throwing those bloody snowflakes at me!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meridian View Post
    11 VCs? Well, they were particularly sharp pieces of mango they were being attacked with....
    Here you go, mofo

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Good to see that the gammonflake professional offence takers are upset that some people have used their freedom of speech to express a view about a film festival.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Here you go, mofo
        Not a fan of Blackadder, then?

Comment

Well maybe they should show the film to show how the British imperialists subjugated the indigenous peoples of a country that they had no right to be in and were rewarded for it. I wonder if the Zulu king rewarded his fighters with shiny pieces of metal for fighting for their homeland?

It seems though that neither side should have acted in the way that they did anyway...
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            If snowflakes try to force anything, why not just warm them up a bit? And Zulu is not filled with "racist overtones", it's explciitly, right in your face racist, just like the book Little Black Sambo I read as a kid.

Jam anyone?
            Wrong. They said it's filled with "racial overtones", which it is as there are two races involved.

There is nothing racist about it and I think it shows a fair representation of what occurred as far as we know. I can't recall any racist language and on the contrary I remember some scenes where the layabouts in the hospital are put in their place when considering the enemy coming to fight them.

As for the film, it's one of my favourites, a true classic piece of movie making. Used to watch it every year over crimbo along with Wizard of Oz as a kid.

I'm not going to apologise for the actions of my ancestors who I never met or knew, it's just history. Learn from it don't try to rewrite it.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              Good to see that the gammonflake professional offence takers are upset that some people have used their freedom of speech to express a view about a film festival.

28 people expressed a negative view in the open letter,

30,137 people expressed a positive view about the film.
              - https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/zulu/

It would seem more appropriate to label the 28, snowflakes, would it not?
              Originally posted by Old Greg
              I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
              ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
                28 people expressed a negative view in the open letter,

30,137 people expressed a positive view about the film.
                - https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/zulu/

It would seem more appropriate to label the 28, snowflakes, would it not?
                You can call them what you like - no skin off my nose. It's just funny that the gammonflakes get so worked up about them.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  Well maybe they should show the film to show how the British imperialists civilised the indigenous peoples of a country
                  FTFY

Do you also bleat on about the treatment of Indians (non Bobs) as shown in Westerns that are currently still being shown on TV?
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Zulu is a great film and not particularly racist IMO.
                    Gives totally the wrong picture of the wider context though: the Zulus won the battle of Isandlwana, in spite of not having the latest guns or artillery.
                    It took a much larger army sent later to subdue them.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Biggest travesty about Zulu is the way the bloody sheep shaggers have hijacked it as one of their successes

Of the 122 soldiers of the 24th Regiment present at the Battle of Rorke's Drift, 49 were English , 32 were Welsh, 16 were Irish, one was a Scot, and three were born overseas, rest unknown.

Comment

Working...
                      X