Stop throwing those bloody snowflakes at me! Stop throwing those bloody snowflakes at me! - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Posts 51 to 60 of 60

Super poster

meridian - scorchio!

Default Stop throwing those bloody snowflakes at me!

Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Ah so good we have you to know what my thought processes are. Though I suspect an alcoholic octopus would probably more accurate.

It was the only parallel I could think of that reflected the difficult situation Palestine & Israel are in.
    You clearly didn’t think hard enough then.

You could have used “I wonder what it would be like if everyone of English descent returned to England to reclaim ancestral lands”.

My post count is Majestic

vetran is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by meridian View Post

You could have used “I wonder what it would be like if everyone of English descent returned to England to reclaim ancestral lands”.
    we would probably make them a cup of tea, give them lots of forms to fill in. I doubt Lilly Allen or Labour ministers would offer them their spare room.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

Super poster

Zigenare - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by meridian View Post

Won't most of them be descendants of criminals anyway and as such have no lands or titles?

Anyway, why would they want to come back to this tuliphole?

Just saying...

Respect my authoritah!

NotAllThere is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by Zigenare View Post
    Weren't most of the African tribes "nomadic"?
    Africa is a very big place. It's had its own share of nation states where people were in a fixed location and technology was developed. Interesting read here: » 100 African Cities Destroyed By Europeans
    Hmm. I'm beginning to suspect that you need to find all the packing the computer came in...

I live on CUK

Old Greg is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Africa is a very big place. It's had its own share of nation states where people were in a fixed location and technology was developed. Interesting read here: » 100 African Cities Destroyed By Europeans
    And that article is about sub-Saharan Africa (from a brief look - it does reference Ancient Egypt). The Carthaginians were an impressive bunch as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

Super poster

Hobosapien - scorchio!

It's fascinating and at the same time saddening to think how much knowledge and human history has been lost due to the lack of surviving records.* Even 'carved in stone' is affected by the elements.

Have they successfully decoded all the Egyptian hieroglyphics or is a lot of the ancient advanced civilisation still a mystery?

e.g. How did they lay out the pyramids and other landmarks that seemingly require a view from space due to the geometry? There will be some 'glyphs detailing that somewhere. My theory is that it wasn't aliens but they just built straight roads joining them all and those roads have eroded away over time. The Romans then copied their system for building their straight roads.

* This will happen again when someone destroys all the electronic records with a massive EMP, or aliens turn up with an anti-electricity device as they are allergic to it.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Super poster

Zigenare - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by Hobosapien View Post
    It's fascinating and at the same time saddening to think how much knowledge and human history has been lost due to the lack of surviving records.* Even 'carved in stone' is affected by the elements.

Have they successfully decoded all the Egyptian hieroglyphics or is a lot of the ancient advanced civilisation still a mystery?

e.g. How did they lay out the pyramids and other landmarks that seemingly require a view from space due to the geometry? There will be some 'glyphs detailing that somewhere. My theory is that it wasn't aliens but they just built straight roads joining them all and those roads have eroded away over time. The Romans then copied their system for building their straight roads.

* This will happen again when someone destroys all the electronic records with a massive EMP, or aliens turn up with an anti-electricity device as they are allergic to it.