• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stop throwing those bloody snowflakes at me!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop throwing those bloody snowflakes at me!

Snowflakes trying to force Kent film festival to axe charity screening of Zulu because it's 'racist' | Daily Mail Online

Snowflake campaigners are blasted for trying to force a film festival to axe charity screening of Zulu because they think the 1964 war epic is racist
    War great, which stars Michael Caine, to air at Folkestone Silver Screen Cinema
    Pop-up film festival in Kent aims to raise money for armed forces charity SSAFA
    Fickle group of 28 people said 55-year-old movie is filled with 'racial overtones'
    But locals have called the campaigners 'ridiculous' and said it's 'PC gone mad'
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

If snowflakes try to force anything, why not just warm them up a bit? And Zulu is not filled with "racist overtones", it's explciitly, right in your face racist, just like the book Little Black Sambo I read as a kid.

Jam anyone?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Be quiet now, will you, there's a good gentleman. - you'll upset the lads
      Last edited by BR14; 25 June 2018, 19:22.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        If snowflakes try to force anything, why not just warm them up a bit? And Zulu is not filled with "racist overtones", it's explciitly, right in your face racist, just like the book Little Black Sambo I read as a kid.

Jam anyone?
        11 VCs, these are men recognised for a level of bravery normal people will never know.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Rorke%27s_Drift

Just over 150 British and colonial troops successfully defended the garrison against an intense assault by 3,000 to 4,000 Zulu warriors. The massive but piecemeal[9] Zulu attacks on Rorke's Drift came very close to defeating the much smaller garrison, but were ultimately repelled. Eleven Victoria Crosses were awarded to the defenders, along with a number of other decorations and honours.

obviously we shouldn't of been there, they would have fared so much better if the Germans, French or Belgians had been in charge!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          11 VCs, these are men recognised for a level of bravery normal people will never know.

obviously we shouldn't of been there, they would have fared so much better if the Germans, French or Belgians had been in charge!
          Be quiet now, will you, there's a good gentleman. - you'll upset the lads

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            Be quiet now, will you, there's a good gentleman. - you'll upset the feckwits

FTFY

Comment

Jam anyone?
              Surely this was your bedtime reading

How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

11 VCs? Well, they were particularly sharp pieces of mango they were being attacked with....

Comment

Jam anyone?

sit in the circle line reading that - i dare you
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    sit in the circle line reading that - i dare you
                    You'd get hit by a train if you sat in the circle line. HTHBIDI
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                    X