• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

corn flakes after a 6-month contract?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

corn flakes after a 6-month contract?

I've just finished a 6- month contract (no renewal sadly) and am at my brothers's place in London for the first time since starting it.
    In the cupboard is an open pack of corn flakes that are still in date, that I bought and opened just before starting said role. Just wondering whether I should have a bowl for breakfast?

Oh, same question for an open pack of Alpen.

Check whether the cornflakes have gone soft first.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      If not, pour milk on them to make them... soft.

Yes, they'll be fine.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
        I've just finished a 6- month contract (no renewal sadly) and am at my brothers's place in London for the first time since starting it.
        In the cupboard is an open pack of corn flakes that are still in date, that I bought and opened just before starting said role. Just wondering whether I should have a bowl for breakfast?

Oh, same question for an open pack of Alpen.
        You should be building up a war chest over a six month contract, but needs must so go for it. PM psychocandy for advice on food banks and hardship grants.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          You should be building up a war chest over a six month contract, but needs must so go for it. PM psychocandy for advice on food banks and hardship grants.
          War chest is in satisfactory condition - problem is shop involves leaving the house, and I can't be bothered getting dressed.
          Maybe I should donate said items - TO said food banks. Nice to be rich (ish) and do my bit.

Comment

No they haven't, but I have (what was my name again?)

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
              War chest is in satisfactory condition - problem is shop involves leaving the house, and I can't be bothered getting dressed.
              Maybe I should donate said items - TO said food banks. Nice to be rich (ish) and do my bit.
              You can't give food banks open packets meanie.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

You can't give food banks open packets meanie.

Comment

Check for mouse/rat droppings.
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                    Check for mouse/rat droppings.
                    Also check for ants.

They really make cornflakes taste funny, and not in an amusing sort of way.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                    X