• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lets play a game of millenial monoploy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    And there it is. I don't normally join in in the millennial bashing - it's typically just another hard-of-thinking gammon theme.

But... I was chatting to a contractor colleague whose daughter has just started uni. She absolutely had to have an en suite bathroom, and had never caught a bus before. He did accept that he may share some blame.
    Indeed having just added an en-suite and abandoned the master bathroom to the teenage daughters earlier in the year. Last week they complain the drain is blocked. (they both have long hair and don't make sure they flush the drains at the end of the shower / bath) I supplied them with a sink snake and they asked why they had to do it.

At their age I was replacing bathrooms.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      It's no use, you'd win hands down because that's how a typical millennial would spell "millennial" and "monopoly"

Mind you, the twitterer you quoted does have a good point, because most millennials are fecked job-wise and house-wise etc.
      too true.

I wonder why?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        too true.

I wonder why?
        Many of the jobs and money have migrated to China and other formerly undeveloped and even basket case economies.

When you mix a dram of whisky with a pint of water, the result is a very weak barely whiskery water. That's globalisation for you.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Indeed having just added an en-suite and abandoned the master bathroom to the teenage daughters earlier in the year. Last week they complain the drain is blocked. (they both have long hair and don't make sure they flush the drains at the end of the shower / bath) I supplied them with a sink snake and they asked why they had to do it.

At their age I was replacing bathrooms.
          I hope you directed them to Youtube.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            I hope you directed them to Youtube.
            No I told them to shove it in and wiggle it about.

Comment

The local international (read: American) school had their "graduation" ceremony for the 18 year old leavers. The two with the best results gave a speech, which blaming their parents' generation making a mess of the world which they, the youngsters, are going to have to clean up.

Bear in mind that these kids are largely from very wealthy families and live in a bubble of privilege.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

No I told them to shove it in and wiggle it about.
                Give a (wo)man a fish etc.

Directing them to YouTube would have meant every household or DIY task they would look there first before hassling you and your wife.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  The local international (read: American) school had their "graduation" ceremony for the 18 year old leavers. The two with the best results gave a speech, which blaming their parents' generation making a mess of the world which they, the youngsters, are going to have to clean up.

Bear in mind that these kids are largely from very wealthy families and live in a bubble of privilege.

Indeed that seems to be what schools are teaching them. Despite developing the technology to fix most of the world's issues (Hunger, Disease Travel) it is still all their Parents fault.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Give a (wo)man a fish etc.

Directing them to YouTube would have meant every household or DIY task they would look there first before hassling you and your wife.
                    Good point, well made!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

If Kim Jong whotsis-chops were still there then they might have had a point.

Comment

Working...
                      X