• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lets play a game of millenial monoploy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Give a woman a fish etc.

Directing them to YouTube would have meant every household or DIY task they would look there first before hassling you and your wife.
    And she wouldn't have a clue how to kill it!

On a serious note...

Yes, YouTube is a good resource, however, there is a foundation set of skills that every parent should pass on to their offspring, "Problem Solving" being imo the most important.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Good point, well made!
      I've directed a few younger people in my family to that as a resource after they claimed that no adult tried to reach them a particular skill when I knew one of their parents had tried.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Jeez! I was mixing cement and building walls before my age was in double figures.....
        Back to business!

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Phelan View Post
          Jeez! I was mixing cement and building walls before my age was in double figures.....
          Inneresting.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Phelan View Post
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Do we get 200 BTC for passing go?
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                Do we get 200 BTC for passing go?
                You get sent back to Whitechapel Road and charged £10 for smashed avocado on sourdough.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  You get sent back to Whitechapel Road and charged £10 for smashed avocado on sourdough.
                  CHANCE - "Your Instagram selfie has got you 2000 new followers and 1000 Youtube subscribers - congratulations you are now a social influencer!"
                  "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Is Jail replaced by a WiFi outage?

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                      Is Jail replaced by a WiFi outage?
                      No it's the Big Brother House - if you roll a double you get a reality TV star career and become a 'celebrity' for about a year.

*Edit* - yes as BB house has no wifi.
                      Last edited by Jog On; 27 June 2018, 15:04. Reason: No wifi in BB house

Comment

Working...
                      X