• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lets play a game of millenial monoploy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    And there it is. I don't normally join in in the millennial bashing - it's typically just another hard-of-thinking gammon theme.

But... I was chatting to a contractor colleague whose daughter has just started uni. She absolutely had to have an en suite bathroom, and had never caught a bus before. He did accept that he may share some blame.
    My 12 year old mentioned the other day that she's never been on a bus either.

"That's because it's for poor people and Northerners" I explained, "You'll never be poor and god forbid you ever bring a Northerner in to my house!" I had to warn.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      My 12 year old mentioned the other day that she's never been on a bus either.

"That's because it's for poor people and Northerners" I explained, "You'll never be poor and god forbid you ever bring a Northerner in to my house!" I had to warn.
      In parts of London if you don't like walking, don't want to cycle and don't want to pay extortionate car parking then taking buses is normal. Also if some scrote throws car seats on a train tracks them you may find yourself on a rail replacement service.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        In parts of London if you don't like walking, don't want to cycle and don't want to pay extortionate car parking then taking buses is normal. Also if some scrote throws car seats on a train tracks them you may find yourself on a rail replacement service.
        When you have your own helicopter you dont have these issues.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          When you have your own helicopter you dont have these issues.
          As long as there's no one around with a Stinger.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            I thought MF was always walking and cycling?

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
              That's winking and crying.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
                If he was, he wouldn't be such a fat f*cker!
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                X