• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear - Millennials get screwed again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Dear - Millennials get screwed again

8am starts for students? I predict a riot...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-44617875
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

The students will vote by not turning up.

On my computer studies course at uni they only ever tried scheduling one class before 10am, touch typing. Went the once to see if the teacher was fit, never went back, never learnt to touch type. Oh well I survived.

In this day and age surely the students have it sussed to get someone to video the early starts and watch them later. If not, then there's a plan B for someone, supplying students with robot assistants to go along and record the lectures. The next stage of roomba evolution.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Stone me, the rittle barstewards complain about 09:00 and some can just about turn up for 10:00 when the fancy so takes them.

08:00?

Don't make I larf.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Aren't loads of them boring now? So an 8am start shouldn't be a problem.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I had a few lectures at 9am. I must confess I didn't make it to all of them.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

"University students union president Megan Croll said: "It seems the university is more concerned about tuition fees than the student experience at Durham."

Welcome to the real world love....

I overslept a 5 pm lecture once...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
              8am starts for students? I predict a riot...
              Not before a proper breakfast, I hope....

Comment

Working...
              X