• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Defence secretary demands more money or he'll bring Teresa down

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Defence secretary demands more money or he'll bring Teresa down

Give me £20billion or I'll bring you down: Defence Secretary

Sorry, Mr. Defence Secretary, we're going to have to raise taxes to fund the NHS.
    There is no extra money for defence.
    And not likely to be over the foreesable future.
    Not with growth unlikely to rise above 1.5% pa.

HTH, BIDI.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Government policy - F£$3k Business and F234K defence

Good job our *special* relationship allows us access to aircraft so we may detect those Russian submarines snooping around the coastline.

Nimrod: a sorry saga with a messy ending

The Tories have been an awful awful awful government since taking power. So much destruction of economy and relations with our closest allies. It shows no signs of ending.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

He should write his demand on the side of a cruise missile and send it to Boris
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Give me £20billion or I'll bring you down: Defence Secretary

Sorry, Mr. Defence Secretary, we're going to have to raise taxes to fund the NHS.
        There is no extra money for defence.
        And not likely to be over the foreesable future.
        Not with growth unlikely to rise above 1.5% pa.

HTH, BIDI.
        The 350 million per week is a gross underestimation.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-boris-johnson

“There was an error on the side of the bus. We grossly underestimated the sum over which we would be able to take back control,” said Johnson, in an exclusive interview with the Guardian.

Though he conceded that the leave campaign had used a gross figure, he said about half the total could be ploughed into public services.

“As and when the cash becomes available – and it won’t until we leave – the NHS should be at the very top of the list,” said Johnson, on a day that the Guardian revealed that students were being drafted in to help plug NHS gaps opening up in the winter crisis.

Comment

According the daily fail he's said that he made her and can break her... If that's what he makes then heaven helps us. I'd love to see 20bn injected into the Forces budget but it's just not realistic. This is just sounding off and there's plenty of time before the next budget for him to get sacked...

Comment

But but but what about the impending threat of Russian aggression?

Surely you're not all so 'thick as mince' as to disagree with the necessity for billions more in war spending. According to fake news there's another Assad chemical attack in the pipeline...

Meanwhile Donald is meeting Vlad to make some deals so looks like we'll be going it alone in our war with Russia
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
              But but but what about the impending threat of Russian aggression?

Surely you're not all so 'thick as mince' as to disagree with the necessity for billions more in war spending. According to fake news there's another Assad chemical attack in the pipeline...

Meanwhile Donald is meeting Vlad to make some deals so looks like we'll be going it alone in our war with Russia
              I think you need to read this thread:

https://forums.contractoruk.com/brex...t-plans-2.html
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

I think you need to read this thread:

https://forums.contractoruk.com/brex...t-plans-2.html
                You lost - get over it.
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                  You lost - get over it.
                  I wish you well in your "win".
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

I wish you well in your "win".
                    Thanks - are you going to STFU about it now?

Comment

Working...
                    X