• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TV advert for cannabis oil?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV advert for cannabis oil?

Saw an advert on TV last night for cannabis oil, but it just called it three letters and not advertising as cannabis as such.

Options are to drop oil into your mouth, or to vape - intriguingly Holland and Barrett are stockists.

Has the world gone mad?

CBD doesn't get you high man, you need THC

allegedly

HTH
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I wondered what that was. But couldn't be arsed to google it up, obviously.

What's it supposed to do?

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
        I wondered what that was. But couldn't be arsed to google it up, obviously.

What's it supposed to do?
        Like everything else at Holland & Barrett, nothing.

Oh wait, that's what it actually does. Not sure what it's supposed to do…

As a natural component of cannabis consumed in the usual manner, it's blamed for causing the munchies. So probably not recommended if you're on a diet

Comment

A family member who lives in California (where it is legal to do so), uses it under the instructions of her paediatrician to medicate her heavily autistic daughter.

https://herb.co/marijuana/news/cbd-a...complete-guide.

We seem to be a little behind the curve in the UK on this - possibly because of vested interests of big pharma and politicians or outdated opinions of cannabis as a drug only for recreational use.
          Last edited by gnarledcontractor; 28 June 2018, 10:44.

Comment

You can legally buy <1% THC cannabis products at most newsagents in Switzerland. I'm not sure why the UK politicians are so nervous.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              You can legally buy <1% THC cannabis products at most newsagents in Switzerland. I'm not sure why the UK politicians are so nervous.
              Yep: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...is-switzerland but you still can't take them over the border into Germany. however, I expect you'll probably get lung cancer before getting high smoking them.

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by gnarledcontractor View Post
                A family member who lives in California (where it is legal to do so), uses it under the instructions of her paediatrician to medicate her heavily autistic daughter.

https://herb.co/marijuana/news/cbd-a...complete-guide.

We seem to be a little behind the curve in the UK on this - possibly because of vested interests of big pharma and politicians or outdated opinions of cannabis as a drug only for recreational use.
                Linky is blocked at clientco. Paediatric autism treatments seems a little niche for world cup half time advertising though - there must be another group that's being targeted here. I'm guessing it's dickheads.

Comment

Working...
                X