Not again! Not again!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Not again!

  1. #1

    Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

    WTFH is always on top

    WTFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    17,771

    Default Not again!

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44645986

    Yes, again, the Daily Mail online think that house prices, semi-naked women, slagging off Labour, slagging off the EU, etc is far more important than reporting that another mass shooting has happened in the US.

    Another mass shooting by another white, middle-aged, right wing, non-immigrant with a legally obtained firearm.

    But it won't get a thought from the Mail or it's followers. Let's offer prayers instead and maybe the next one is carried out by someone who looks a bit more Middle-Eastern.

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44654077
    Strong and Stable Moderation

  2. #2

    Super poster

    Lockhouse is NOT a disguised employee

    Lockhouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The 1950's
    Posts
    4,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44645986

    Yes, again, the Daily Mail online think that house prices, semi-naked women, slagging off Labour, slagging off the EU, etc is far more important than reporting that another mass shooting has happened in the US.

    Another mass shooting by another white, middle-aged, right wing, non-immigrant with a legally obtained firearm.

    But it won't get a thought from the Mail or it's followers. Let's offer prayers instead and maybe the next one is carried out by someone who looks a bit more Middle-Eastern.

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44654077
    He was a nut-job with previous. Both the paper and the local police had been warned about him. Nothing do do with Trump, the media or anything else but his own head and an easily obtained firearm.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

  3. #3

    Super poster

    meridian - scorchio!

    meridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lockhouse View Post
    He was a nut-job with previous. Both the paper and the local police had been warned about him. Nothing do do with Trump, the media or anything else but his own head and an easily obtained firearm.
    Now if only that explanation were wheeled out when the perp is brown....

  4. #4

    Godlike

    barrydidit is a fount of knowledge

    barrydidit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    at the end of my tether
    Posts
    7,597

    Default

    He didn't kill enough people to get a reference. Anyway, there are plenty of dead brown people in brown countries killed by other brown people who don't get into the mail either. I wouldn't worry about it.

    Also,aren't they going to be edited by a remoaner from the Autumn? Maybe then there'll be a shift in what gets reported. I expect the readership might be a little confused by the change of tack

  5. #5

    Super poster

    Lockhouse is NOT a disguised employee

    Lockhouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The 1950's
    Posts
    4,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meridian View Post
    Now if only that explanation were wheeled out when the perp is brown....
    Whataboutery.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

  6. #6

    Super poster

    Eirikur - scorchio!

    Eirikur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Bremain land
    Posts
    3,379

    Default

    There is a poster on site at my client it says in big letters what to do "In the rare event of an firearm assault" Not sure if it safe to stay here. If had said "in the unlikely event", ok, but rare event indicates it does happen now and then

  7. #7

    More fingers than teeth

    darmstadt is a fount of knowledge

    darmstadt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Eurozone
    Posts
    16,794

    Default

    Alt-right twat 2 days before the shooting now claims he was only trolling: https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world...nned-down.html

    BTW, now a member of UKIP along with 3 other morons: https://twitter.com/NeilUKIP/status/1011671738030182402

    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

  8. #8

    Super poster

    Lockhouse is NOT a disguised employee

    Lockhouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The 1950's
    Posts
    4,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darmstadt View Post
    BTW, now a member of UKIP along with 3 other morons: https://twitter.com/NeilUKIP/status/1011671738030182402

    I know for a fact that the vast majority of UKIP members want nothing to do with Hamilton or these self publicising idiots.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

  9. #9

    Super poster

    meridian - scorchio!

    meridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lockhouse View Post
    I know for a fact that the vast majority of UKIP members want nothing to do with Hamilton or these self publicising idiots.
    So you know 2 out of the 3 members, then.

  10. #10

    More fingers than teeth

    scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

    scooterscot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain
    Posts
    19,558

    Default

    #thoughtsNprayers
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •