• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

LinkedIn / CV webinar

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LinkedIn / CV webinar

Does anyone know of a LinkedIn or CV webinar that is happening in the near future?

Brother is just about to finish 22 years in the army and his CV is a one liner at the moment
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Here’s some. https://cvandinterviewadvisors.co.uk/about/our-webinars

Comment

1 line? What was he, the regimental goat?

On a serious note, don't the army have some transitional chaps* to help with this sort of thing?

*not the chicks-with-dicks sort

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Does anyone know of a LinkedIn or CV webinar that is happening in the near future?

Brother is just about to finish 22 years in the army and his CV is a one liner at the moment
        Officer or Non-Com? What branch?

Some branches have practical transferable skill sets such as REME, RE, Logistics, Signals / Intelligence etc.

He'll have security clearance which will be a help going into anything defence related. He should be able to get some transitional help from the Army as well.

It would be worth sitting down with him and teasing out exactly what it is he has done and what skills he has picked up and work from there. Thats what any decent CV service will do anyway and it would be better than going in with nothing.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Officer or Non-Com? What branch?

Some branches have practical transferable skill sets such as REME, RE, Logistics, Signals / Intelligence etc.

He'll have security clearance which will be a help going into anything defence related. He should be able to get some transitional help from the Army as well.

It would be worth sitting down with him and teasing out exactly what it is he has done and what skills he has picked up and work from there. Thats what any decent CV service will do anyway and it would be better than going in with nothing.
          NCO in the Royal Engineers, he is getting some help from the transition people but it's not as good as people think. For example they seem to stick everyone on a NEBOSH course, irrespective of what they want to do when they leave.

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

NCO in the Royal Engineers, he is getting some help from the transition people but it's not as good as people think. For example they seem to stick everyone on a NEBOSH course, irrespective of what they want to do when they leave.
            What does he want to do when he leaves? That is going to be the starting point for building a CV. Highlighting the relevant skills and experience for what he actually wants to do.

NEBOSH is actually a good starting point as he should be able to get a certified qualification in something relevant to what he wants to do. Anything relating to construction, civll engineering etc will want to see it as a basic qualification that says he is safe to be on site.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

They sent my brother on a couple of courses ready to hit the ground running as a civilian ... and it turned out they were not recognised outside of the army.

Good idea to get outside advise!
              "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Just do what WFTH does and make it all up?
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Just do what I do and make it all up?
                  GPWM

Comment

GPWM
                    His one line CV is here: MF_CV

Comment

Working...
                    X