• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Solo Holidays

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, very true.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      If you want nookie, then I can't help
      Off topic. The bloke wants a holiday.

French lady who was also completely on her own and we did it together.
      <giggle>
      Last edited by northernladuk; 2 July 2018, 05:53.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Off topic. The bloke wants a holiday.

<giggle>

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          <giggle>
          That's what I thought too.

Comment

Thought this was a thread about another Disney spin-off telling us of the Kashyyyk backpacking holiday he had with Chewie.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
              With my ongoing divorce dragging on, I feel that going away for a few days for some time to myself would do me the world of good.

So has anyone ever been on a solo holiday and can recommend any companies they have used or resorts visited ? I am not after group solo holiday where you have to do stuff together, nor family resorts, just somewhere I can go and chill for a week (and meet other fellow soloers of course).
              If you go on a solo holiday, it may not live up to your expectations.

Rather than booking a holiday, get an Inter rail ticket for Europe. Using public transport you will meet up with locals and fellow travellers. Cary some wine/drinks and food with you a share. I invariably get invites from locals on trains other than when travelling in the UK.

Good link to read...

https://www.seat61.com/
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

MissTravel

Comment

A solo holiday with other people.

Just get Google Cardboard for your phone and travel the world using Google Earth VR.

I just change my desktop wallpaper to pretend I'm posting on CUK from all over the world.
                  Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Two ideas:

1. Mini cruise. I did that as a solo passenger this weekend - sooo nice to chill and do my own thing. there were a couple of singles meet-ups if I wanted to go, but I was happy pottering about by myself. Look at P@O, RCI, and CruiseCheap. Mine was just £150 for three days with outside window - inside staterooms were just £100.

2. I have a friend who has done this. Solo people only, think there were all ladies on her trip - sounds like she had an amazing time.

https://flashpack.com/adventure-trips/vespa-road-trip/

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                      Two ideas:

1. Mini cruise. I did that as a solo passenger this weekend - sooo nice to chill and do my own thing. there were a couple of singles meet-ups if I wanted to go, but I was happy pottering about by myself. Look at P@O, RCI, and CruiseCheap. Mine was just £150 for three days with outside window - inside staterooms were just £100.
                      The Isle of Wight ferry does not count as a cruise
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X