• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

another religious nut threatening violence

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not wishing to split hairs or rush to the defence of said misguided individual but I have one (presumably) small (pardon the pun) issue with her plan. A sliced off penis would be, due to the now severed blood supply, particularly flaccid and therefore not the ideal implement for shoving up someone's bottom. Perhaps she would have been better to shove his head up his bottom. Unless of course she thought it was already there, in which case there would have been no room for said severed appendage.

Comment

But Arthur Kendrick, told Southwark Crown Court she should be allowed to attend the Christian Union at the university's Strand campus as her faith was deeply important to her.

Can someone tell me where in the bible it recommends amputation?

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
        But Arthur Kendrick, told Southwark Crown Court she should be allowed to attend the Christian Union at the university's Strand campus as her faith was deeply important to her.

Can someone tell me where in the bible it recommends amputation?
        What the Bible says about Amputation

A woman's hand must be amputated if she touches a man's genitals.
        "When men strive together one with another, and the wife of the one draweth near for to deliver her husband out of the hand of him that smiteth him, and putteth forth her hand, and taketh him by the secrets: Then thou shalt cut off her hand, thine eye shall not pity her." -- Deuteronomy 25:11-12

Amputate the thumbs and big toes of prisoners of war.
        "The LORD delivered the Canaanites and the Perizzites into their hand. ...
        But Adonibezek fled; and they pursued after him, and caught him, and cut off his thumbs and his great toes." -- Judges 1:4-6

Sometimes God causes noses and ears to be amputated and forces women to pluck off their own breasts.
        And I will set my jealousy against thee, and they shall deal furiously with thee: they shall take away thy nose and thine ears. ... Thou shalt even drink it and suck it out, and thou shalt ... pluck off thine own breasts: for I have spoken it, saith the Lord GOD. -- Ezekiel 23:25, 34

If your eye or hand cause you to sin, cut if off, pluck it out.
        "If thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell. And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell." -- Matthew 5:29-30

(See also Matthew 18:8-9 and Mark 9:43-47)

Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
          What the Bible says about Amputation

A woman's hand must be amputated if she touches a man's genitals.
          "When men strive together one with another, and the wife of the one draweth near for to deliver her husband out of the hand of him that smiteth him, and putteth forth her hand, and taketh him by the secrets: Then thou shalt cut off her hand, thine eye shall not pity her." -- Deuteronomy 25:11-12
          Then I hope she manages to amputate his member without touching it or that is her hand gone.

Comment

Then I hope she manages to amputate his member without touching it or that is her hand gone.
            She might wear gloves...What does the bible say about the wearing of gloves.

Also. If she dons a false beard would she then be classified as a man and there be allow to execute said amputation without fear of losing a hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
              She might wear gloves...What does the bible say about the wearing of gloves.

Also. If she dons a false beard would she then be classified as a man and there be allow to execute said amputation without fear of losing a hand.
              Who threw that?

She did, <ahem>HE DID!!!!!
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

good old rubber gloves!
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  The first bit is normal, the second bit is not. But the second bit isn't evidence of religious nuttery. Just nuttery.
                  so we agree she is religious & a nut?

I never said her religion caused her to be a nut. Just that she was both.

It is slightly different to the worshippers who believe their faith made them commit atrocities. Those are in some ways worse.

I was just a little perturbed the church was in this case enabling her.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Being a "follower of Jesus Christ" - that notoriously violent chap - does NOT mean she has to attend the Christian union. She could quite easily pop into the church (St Mary-le-Strand) which is DIRECTLY OUTSIDE Kings College.
                    England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      I was just a little perturbed the church was in this case enabling her.
                      It was? Where does the article say that? And which church?
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X