• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ITV football - England vs Columbia subtitles

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    So, Dier senior, an exec with a multinational sports company gets posted for a stint to Portugal - you honestly believe that won't be permissible post B****t and didn't happen before the EU?
    Nope, John Charles never played abroad.

Leave darmstadt to his rose-tinted window-licking; it's what he's best at.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      You can't extrapolate can you?
      Funnily enough he can when it comes to reports about religious nutters.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

So, Dier senior, an exec with a multinational sports company gets posted for a stint to Portugal - you honestly believe that won't be permissible post B****t and didn't happen before the EU?
        Have a look at some the figures quoted and you might like to see that Dier senior was posted there during EU times...You have no idea what will happen after April 2019 and you don't know the hoops companies had to go through pre-freedom of movement...
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by jamesbrown View Post nlady just gave you the bill?

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
          I'll get the old man to give it a wipe down before your turn.

bill
          NOUN
          A medieval weapon like a halberd with a hook instead of a blade.

Why do I find it slightly disturbing that you know such things about medieval weaponry

Comment

Have a look at some the figures quoted and you might like to see that Dier senior was posted there during EU times...You have no idea what will happen after April 2019 and you don't know the hoops companies had to go through pre-freedom of movement...
            You seem pretty sure of that. Btw, between the years of 1959 & 1964 my dad worked for Shell, based in New York.

Lest I forget, my Grandfather worked for "Howard & Bullough of Accrington" and was posted to Poland for a couple of years in the early 1950s.

Before you make yourself look more of a tw@t remember the law of holes.
            Last edited by Zigenare; 4 July 2018, 12:02.
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
              Too soon surely, especially with England winning a penalty shootout - probably tipped him over the edge
              Not at all.

What do you think he'd be posting if England had gone out in the groups and Germany were marching towards the finals? Think we wouldn't have seen a pile of posts about how superior all things German are and some extremely tenuous B****T link?

Comment

You seem pretty sure of that. Btw, between the years of 1959 & 1964 my dad worked for Shell, based in New York.

Lest I forget, my Grandfather worked for "Howard & Bullough of Accrington" and was posted to Poland for a couple of years in the early 1950s.

Before you make yourself look more of a tw@t remember the law of holes.
                New York, hmmm, wonder when that was last in Europe

Then in the 1950s, when Europe was beginning to recover from the devastation of World War II and experiencing a period of intense economic growth, labor mobility was again encouraged. Because the lack of skilled workers was seen as a threat to the economy, freedom of movement of qualified industrial workers was included in the treaties founding the European Economic Community (EEC).
                The original treaties stated workers and with the Maastricht and Schengen treaties, were slowly changed to persons (actually there is a lot more to it than that, but it might be a little complicated for you.)
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

New York, hmmm, wonder when that was last in Europe
                  I was addressing this...

Originally posted by darmstadt
                  you don't know the hoops companies had to go through pre-freedom of movement...
                  You made an assumption to make a point and ended up with egg on your face.
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

I was addressing this...

You made an assumption to make a point and ended up with egg on your face.
                    And I was talking about freedom of movement in Europe, not USA. Blimey, some people are just downright <whatever takes your fancy>

Comment

And I was talking about freedom of movement in Europe, not USA. Blimey, some people are just downright <whatever takes your fancy>
                      People were able to work in Europe (and indeed elsewhere) before 1992, and they will continue to be able to do so after the 29th of March next. The difference being, they will need to demonstrate that they have some sort of skill that the local employer requires, rather than the current free-for-all system which allows anyone with some basic spoken English to turn up and work for peanuts. Our refusal to adopt the stringent measures operated elsewhere in the EU probably contributed to the fact that we became the default destination for a few million Eastern European immigrants, but what's done is done, and we are where we are. Freedom of movement really doesn't mean what it says on the tin in most of the rest of Europe. I have friends who moved to Italy a couple of years ago. The hoops they had to jump through would befuddle even a brain as great as yours.

Please, for the love of God, take your head out of your arse for just a brief moment, and consider the fact that the continent of Europe might just be a better place if the EU all just dissolved into a bucket of its own rancid hyperbole...
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X