• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ITV football - England vs Columbia subtitles

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Hopeful rather than confident. It's the old cliché of taking one game at a time. Don't underestimate the Swedes; no Zlatan but they're very well organised and a good unit rather than any individual brilliance.

Get past them and you're either facing a hostile encounter against the host nation or Modric pulling the strings for a technically very good Croatia.

Dare to dream and we'll probably be up against France or Brazil and it's a case of who gets jelly arm.
    I was about to pull you up for my name wrong.

My gut feeling before the tournament was France, and I haven't been convinced to change my mind. A potential France/Brazil semi-final has all the makings of a classic.
    Good point re. Sweden, they are a better team without The Zlatan (a player whose ego generates its own gravity.)
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      I was about to pull you up for my name wrong.

My gut feeling before the tournament was France, and I haven't been convinced to change my mind. A potential France/Brazil semi-final has all the makings of a classic.
      Good point re. Sweden, they are a better team without The Zlatan (a player whose ego generates its own gravity.)
      That would be the Zlatan that scored four the last time they played us?
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

That would be the Zlatan that scored four the last time they played us?
        That was 6 years ago, he's past it now, which is why he's retired and making tv commercials. One of the very best in his day though.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Yeah, he probably couldn't play a full tournament, but I'd have him in the squad for his experience, fear factor and the option to bring him on after an hour to change the game.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Yeah, he probably couldn't play a full tournament, but I'd have him in the squad for his experience, fear factor and the option to bring him on after an hour to change the game.
            Then I thank the Good Lord that you're not the manager of Sweden...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
              Then I thank the Good Lord that you're not the manager of Sweden...
              Quite right, I'd have plotted England's downfall already.

Comment

Somehow I have an inkling "the Zlatan" wouldn't have accepted this.

qh
                He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
                  Somehow I have an inkling "the Zlatan" wouldn't have accepted this.

qh
                  The Zlatan would rather be at the World Cup in a squad than in a credit card advert. Don't worry about that!

Comment

Working...
                  X