• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thailand caves rescue

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    https://uk.yahoo.com/style/thai-cave...082207709.html

All together now:

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
    OK who for the lead?

https://www.ranker.com/list/taiwan-f...here/reference

or shall we go for Mel Gibson & Tom Cruise as usual?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I was thinking more along the lines of Stallone & Schwarzenegger.

They'd fit those tight twisty passages just fine.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        I was thinking more along the lines of Stallone & Schwarzenegger.

They'd fit those tight twisty passages just fine.
        they could probably walk along the smallest ones, they are pretty short.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The story's not finished yet....

British diver who helped save Thai cave boys may sue Elon Musk | Daily Mail Online

Mr Unsworth began sparring with the tech billionaire after accusing Musk of staging a 'PR stunt' by building a mini-submarine to help rescue the trapped boys.

He said Musk's prototype would have had 'absolutely no chance of working'.

'The submarine, I believe, was about 5ft 6in long, rigid, so it wouldn't have gone round corners or round any obstacles,' he said.

Musk then hit back on Sunday in a bizarre series of tweets in which he pledged to produce videos proving the sub would have worked.

'Sorry pedo guy, you really did ask for it,' he said, referring to Mr Unsworth.

When people pointed out that he was calling the man who helped find and rescue the children a paedophile, Musk added: 'Bet ya a signed dollar it's true'.

Musk later deleted the tweets and did not immediately respond to a request for comment through Tesla.
          Looks like Musk has the same twitter brain fart affliction as Trump. As Cameron famously pointed out, "too many tweets make a twat", and he would know.

I wonder if this will make it into the movie.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
            The story's not finished yet....

British diver who helped save Thai cave boys may sue Elon Musk | Daily Mail Online

Looks like Musk has the same twitter brain fart affliction as Trump. As Cameron famously pointed out, "too many tweets make a twat", and he would know.

I wonder if this will make it into the movie.
            What a scum bag.... I hope this massively backfires on him
            Do what thou wilt

Comment

When one adds this outburst to the aesthetics of his rocket, it's hard not to assume he endured some sort of adolescent sexual trauma. My money would be on his trunks falling down on the 5 metre diving board.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
                What a scum bag.... I hope this massively backfires on him
                Same. You can't call people that and get away with it whoever you are.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Same. You can't call people that and get away with it whoever you are.
                  His Gerald Ratner moment I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
                    His Gerald Ratner moment I hope.
                    More like a Ron Atkinson moment. Though 'big Ron' wasn't expecting his comment to be heard so Musk's is worse as he guaranteed his tweet being seen by 20 odd million followers.

I expect it will either be settled out of court sharpish or 'evidence' will be found to support Musk's claim.
                    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Getting pretty sick of Musk TBH. The main is just a self publicist.

Apart from PayPal, must of his success seems to be based on public subsidy.

Comment

Working...
                      X