• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thailand caves rescue

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thailand caves rescue

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-44692813

Incredible story really.
    Survived for days in the caves.
    Now have to wait for months for water level to fall or learn how to dive in caves.
    12 year old's diving in caves for the first time sounds near impossible.
    Hope it works out. Surely must be another way.

Thailand caves rescue

The idea of waiting for the rain water to recede seems risker. How is it there's enough air in the cabin to breath for months on end?

The water way out is so small it is not possible to even wear scuba tanks. Nightmare situation.
    Last edited by scooterscot; 4 July 2018, 13:16.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Discussion on this subject yesterday

Originally posted by woman next to me (yesterday)
      It's only and hour and half, why can't they just put a mask on and then lead them out?
      Originally posted by me
      Cave diving is about the most dangerous thing you can do. It'll take ages to teach them to do it
      Originally posted by woman next to me (yesterday)
      Yes but, as a mother, you know, you just want them out
      Sometimes there is no reasoning with her and the earphones go in.

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
        Hope it works out.
        One isn't so sure. If those Chilean miners are anything to go by, then the poor bastards are going to get dragged to Old Trafford as soon as they're out.

Comment

I missed the start of this - so how did they get that far in to start with?

Assume it wasnt flooded when they went it? Surely, some negligence here taking kids into a cave that could flood?
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

At least they're not stuck in there with MF.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

Assume it wasnt flooded when they went it? Surely, some negligence here taking kids into a cave that could flood?
              I think you'll find that 'ealth and safety isn't as rigorous in Thailand.

Putting aside the question of whether it is sensible for a single adult to take 12 badly equipped children deep into a cave complex, the great news is they've been found and hopefully will be rescued as quickly as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
                One isn't so sure. If those Chilean miners are anything to go by, then the poor bastards are going to get dragged to Old Trafford as soon as they're out.
                Cheaper than a season ticket - even if you throw in a few prawn sandwiches!

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                At least they're not stuck in there with MF.
                He'd have eaten the poor sods!
                Last edited by Zigenare; 4 July 2018, 10:22.
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

They went in just as it started to rain.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
                    They went in just as it started to rain.
                    So the adult in charge was a ******* idiot.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X