• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another Russian nerve Agent poisoning - Breaking News

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Well done for spotting two phrases which will never belong in the same sentence...
    However, it's bit weird because this thread: https://forums.contractoruk.com/gene...right-law.html kind of disapproves of the EU not being democratic. I mean even UKIP are pointing out democracy in action...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I'm afraid I have to agree with most of this:
      I rather agreed with that when I read it too. Fake news, maybe fake incidents too, by people with a political agenda.

On latest news, they may have been in contact by smoking fag ends they picked up? Yech! Apart from pennyless down and outs, who does that?
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        I rather agreed with that when I read it too. Fake news, maybe fake incidents too, by people with a political agenda.

On latest news, they may have been in contact by smoking fag ends they picked up? Yech! Apart from pennyless down and outs, who does that?
        Sounds like speculation and scaremongering in equal parts.

Wouldn't surprise me if the Russians are right, either, given what we know about this (washes away, burns away in the sun, etc.)
        It persisted down a fair bit for a while after the initial incident and it has been glorious weather for the last six weeks so would have burnt off in the sun.

Given how much sooner she fell ill than him, and that they're a couple, is it perhaps possible that she came into contact with it and then contaminated him?
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Apparently those so sorely afflicted are known to collect part smoked cigarettes, as you do apparently.

Maybe one of the fags was Russian.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

In other news:

Some groups that have opposed the regime for years are complying. Others insist they will fight on. It is hard to see how the battle can be sustained for more than a short time against the firepower of the Syrian army and the Russians.

Behind the fighting is a bigger reality. The Assad regime believes it has almost finished off its enemies. It cannot do much about the big powers who have troops in parts of Syria, particularly Turkey, the United States and their allies.

But the armed groups who claim descent from the first demonstrators in Deraa in March 2011 are fighting their last battles.

Syria's bloodshed, Syria's wars, its smashed cities, continue to break lives. But the Assad regime's fight for survival is almost done.
            Shall we have a sweepstake on the date of the next chemical attack in Syria?
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Apparently those so sorely afflicted are known to collect part smoked cigarettes, as you do apparently.

Maybe one of the fags was Russian.
              I heard they were drug users and may have picked up a syringe somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
                I heard they were drug users and may have picked up a syringe somewhere.
                A false accusation based on an initial guess by Wiltshire's finest apparently.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

So, Novichok is deadly yet hasn't killed anyone yet (that we know of), should kill in seconds but takes 5 hours to show symptoms, can survive 4 months in the wilderness but can't survive a baby wipe, lives next door to Porton Down but comes from Russia. Jimmy Hill chin rub....
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

This forum appears to be overrun by Putinbots, useful idiots and conspiracy theorists.

Old Greg and Nlady UK - do the needful, your country needs you!
                    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Whatever the explanation, it's a murder inquiry now...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44760875
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X