• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MEPs to vote on controversial copyright law

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    TPTB won't like that, MEPs are there to do as they're told, not think for themselves ffs.
    Did you read that on a 'spoons beer mat?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post

You've not read the memo.

For a hard right EU-hater, if anyone who is involved in the EU does a good thing, they are just as wrong as if they do a bad thing.

When the answer is "Blame the EU and accept no responsibility yourself", it's funny that some of these people refer to those who are more balanced than them as "snowflakes"
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Blame the EU and accept no responsibility yourself
        So pretty much every Government for 40 years then?

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
          So pretty much every Government for 40 years then?
          I was about to say that the EU weren't blamed for the Falklands War, but then I remember that the Argies used military hardware bought from the French (Mirage & Super Etendard), Aermacchis from Italy and various helicopters, so I guess some will blame the EU for that too.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
            If anyone’s interested in how their MEP voted, the list is on Reddit here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/europe/comm...ctive_by_name/

French voted for, Polish against, Germany and U.K. roughly split.

You did all petition your MEP, didn’t you?
            We don't have an MEP, we have a selection of toadies, who brown-nosed their way to the top of a list. In London, for example, I have a choice of 8. I've never heard a peep out of any of the useless s.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

We don't have an MEP, we have a selection of toadies, who brown-nosed their way to the top of a list. In London, for example, I have a choice of 8. I've never heard a peep out of any of the useless s.
              As an outer I'm pretty sure you've heard of Gerard Batten
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

https://news.sky.com/story/hes-lying...peech-10752221

Most London MEPs appear to be aligned with S&D, who tended to vote For the law.

Maybe if a few more Londoners wrote to and petitioned their MEPs and got more involved, you would hear a bit more from them?

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  As an outer I'm pretty sure you've heard of Gerard Batten
                  He's something to do with UKIP, isn't he? Don't assume I align myself with their politics, there are plenty of "Outers" from all political persuasions (with the obvious exception of the Lib-Dooms).
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                    https://news.sky.com/story/hes-lying...peech-10752221

Most London MEPs appear to be aligned with S&D, who tended to vote For the law.

Maybe if a few more Londoners wrote to and petitioned their MEPs and got more involved, you would hear a bit more from them?
                    If it wasn't for Google, nobody would even have the first idea who their MEPs were. And Google doesn't seem to have their email addresses, probably due to some sort of EU privacy directive in action.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      D'you know what? I didn't.

Comment

Working...
                      X