• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Go Darwin!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    If I had my way I'd execute people who swat wasps too! Bastards!
    Please advise what purpose wasps serve. Horrible critters.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      They fuel the imagination. Just imagine a meeting room filled with the most horrible twunts you know. Now imagine a large starbucks cup filled with angry wasps. Then think how nice it would be to hurl that cup into the room and bar the door so the twunts couldn't escape.

This scenario would be useless without the wasps, yet it makes me happy to think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
        They fuel the imagination. Just imagine a meeting room filled with the most horrible twunts you know. Now imagine a large starbucks cup filled with angry wasps. Then think how nice it would be to hurl that cup into the room and bar the door so the twunts couldn't escape.

This scenario would be useless without the wasps, yet it makes me happy to think about it.
        You're an amateur.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

You're an amateur.
          I have a cup of Asian hornets reserved for you.

Comment

Horrible critters
            Waspies are lovely little things! I feed them jam.

PS I'm coming for you!
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              If I had my way I'd execute people who swat wasps too! Bastards!
              If you're implying that one life form has no priority over another (e.g. Rhino over Wasp) then how do you live with yourself in the knowledge that all life on Earth only survives by consuming other living things?
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

how do you live with yourself in the knowledge that all life on Earth only survives by consuming other living things?
                Yeh its a dilemma! I often watch a blackbird and think "what a nice little thing" then I see it eating a poor little worm and think "what a bastard!"

I think the solution is for all life to consume politicians. Nobody thinks they are worth anything.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

They are pollinators.

And some hoverflies, which are harmless and also pollinators, look like them to survive.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    They are pollinators.

And some hoverflies, which are harmless and also pollinators, look like them to survive.
                    Team bee here. F**k wasps.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                      If you're implying that one life form has no priority over another (e.g. Rhino over Wasp) then how do you live with yourself in the knowledge that all life on Earth only survives by consuming other living things?
                      Then how do you explain vegetarians?
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X