Baby Inflatable Trump Baby Inflatable Trump - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Posts 21 to 30 of 73
  1. #21

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg is always on top

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    28,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    Perhaps it's a daft idea because tact and diplomancy usually work better than insults?
    It probably is a daft idea, but that's nor reason not to allow it.

  2. #22

    Contractor Among Contractors

    Bean 's job has never been outsourced

    Bean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Not as grossly offensive as beheading people.

    Not surprised you have nothing to say about that though.
    Of course not, but that's not what we're talking about.

    We're talking about protests, with the one suggested by you being grossly offensive and obscene.

    I have in the past, but can't remember if it was on here or not.

    So, why do you think small children should see images of bestiality and execution?
    (Since that would be a by-product of your suggested protest blimp)
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

  3. #23

    Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

    WTFH has reached the peak. Play again?

    WTFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    22,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saptastic View Post
    Just don't think the London mayor should disrespect a visiting head of state in 'childish' manner. He should 'rise above it'.

    It devalues the mayors office.
    On what legal grounds should he not have approved it?
    Is it a security threat?
    Is it likely to lead to riots/violence (apart from gammonflakes)

    Would your opinion be different if the mayor in question was not Labour?
    Would your opinion be different based on the mayor's religion?
    Would your opinion be different if the person was not a US Republican?

    Just asking.
    I'm perfect, in a very specific and limited way.
    Hands... out infractions
    Face... the music
    Space... between the ears

  4. #24

    Double Godlike!

    Mordac is always on top

    Mordac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Civilisation-ish
    Posts
    10,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d000hg View Post
    I think it's childish and not in great taste but as said, that's not a reason to ban it. Allowing things we violently disagree with is an important principle as long as it's not harmful.

    When it involves political leaders and use of 'official areas' lie Parliament Square (if I have this right) more care is needed but the mayor allowing it is not the same as agreeing with it. I'm not sure why it got as far as the mayor anyway?

    Of course if a rival group wants a Boris or Sadiq inflatable this should be allowed too - but I think British people are quite good at accepting this kind of thing in good humour.
    This. All day long.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

  5. #25

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg is always on top

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    28,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    Of course not, but that's not what we're talking about.

    We're talking about protests, with the one suggested by you being grossly offensive and obscene.

    I have in the past, but can't remember if it was on here or not.

    So, why do you think small children should see images of bestiality and execution?
    (Since that would be a by-product of your suggested protest blimp)
    You're not the most astute, are you?

  6. #26

    Contractor Among Contractors

    Bean 's job has never been outsourced

    Bean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    You're not the most astute, are you?
    Does that question mean your virtue signalling is over?
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

  7. #27

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg is always on top

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    28,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    Does that question mean your virtue signalling is over?
    I reject the premise of that question.

  8. #28

    Contractor Among Contractors

    Bean 's job has never been outsourced

    Bean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    I reject the premise of that question.
    Hardly surprising of you
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

  9. #29

    Contractor Among Contractors

    saptastic is NOT a disguised employee

    saptastic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sixth Form
    Posts
    1,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    On what legal grounds should he not have approved it?
    Is it a security threat?
    Is it likely to lead to riots/violence (apart from gammonflakes)

    Would your opinion be different if the mayor in question was not Labour? No
    Would your opinion be different based on the mayor's religion? No
    Would your opinion be different if the person was not a US Republican? No

    Just asking.
    Answers as above. Lets not infer my political thoughts from my non approval of a baby inflatable !
    No legal grounds just like I say IMO petty.

  10. #30

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg is always on top

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    28,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saptastic View Post
    Answers as above. Lets not infer my political thoughts from my non approval of a baby inflatable !
    No legal grounds just like I say IMO petty.
    So should pettiness be grounds for refusing permission?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •