• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Travel Advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    I'm seriously considering putting our car on the train, at least one way down to the Cote D'Azur next year. Has anyone here done this?
    Think they stopped that service some years ago , may be better to use TGV down as passengers and then hire once there ... my plan B when the drive down becomes too problematic in my dotage
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      They tend to go for trucks going into the UK, for some reason they don't want to stay in France or mainland Europe. I can see why you were confused driving a car into Europe.
      I can see you are confused by your hatred of all foreigners, but as has been pointed out on this thread:

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      A few years ago I was making the journey regularly (when the refugees used to get mentions in the Daily Mail every day). I saw a few migrants at the side of the autoroute near the tunnel - maybe 3 or 4 each journey, but generally the police moved them on.
      They were not interested in cars and not interested in anything heading away from the port.
      Strangely enough, the migrants did not become invisible to car drivers and only visible when lorries went past on the same road as the cars.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
        Think they stopped that service some years ago , may be better to use TGV down as passengers and then hire once there ... my plan B when the drive down becomes too problematic in my dotage
        If I'm going to hire when there I may as well fly the family down.
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
          I'm seriously considering putting our car on the train, at least one way down to the Cote D'Azur next year. Has anyone here done this?
          Originally posted by Troll View Post

Nope, still there, allegedly:
          https://uk.voyages-sncf.eu/products/trains/autotrain
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            I can see you are confused by your hatred of all foreigners, but as has been pointed out on this thread:

Strangely enough, the migrants did not become invisible to car drivers and only visible when lorries went past on the same road as the cars.
            sorry did I not immediately reply to your post and then preferred Barmies, I can see you feel hurt, lets have a moment for your feelings.

As the way of getting onto lorries is different to the ways of getting onto cars it makes sense that yes they can be invisible to cars as they aren't where cars are. But they are visible and still coming - in the last month:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-drivers.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...kirk-camp.html

https://www.handyshippingguide.com/s...age-group_9306

French police clear 500 migrants from Dunkirk camp | Arab News

They seem to have moved to Dunkirk because what we are doing at Calais seems to be working.

Key thing is we are still spending significant amounts trying to keep them out and a number are getting through.

Obviously all these videos & reports are fake news because you can't deal with them.

I don't quite understand how you think disliking law breakers = disliking foreigners.
            I am worried do you think all law breakers are foreigners or vice versa in which case you probably need help!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
            X