New Contract New Contract
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: New Contract

Banned

Big Blue Plymouth is NOT a disguised employee

Default New Contract

Anyone here work for the MOD?

Started at the Filton Abbeywood site about a month ago and can't believe how I've lucked out.

Rate is equal to my best ever and it's 4 days a week WFH. The culture is very much one in which they want you to WFH & if you have to make an unscheduled visit to the office it's like wtf are you doing here taking up our valuable desk space? Quite refreshing really.

Just wondering if this goes across the board with the MOD or of it's specific to this site...

More fingers than teeth

scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

Your security clearance is about to be revoked.
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

Double Godlike!

malvolio - scorchio!

Walking in the garden, dreaming of Olivia...

Abbeywood was built for about half as many people as are now working there, so the more people they leave at home the better. Given the appalling parking and access roads, it's probably just as well...

Bloody awful building as well, even when it was new and still had empty spaces.
    Blog? What blog...?

My post count is Majestic

MarillionFan is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
    Anyone here work for the MOD?

Started at the Filton Abbeywood site about a month ago and can't believe how I've lucked out.

Rate is equal to my best ever and it's 4 days a week WFH. The culture is very much one in which they want you to WFH & if you have to make an unscheduled visit to the office it's like wtf are you doing here taking up our valuable desk space? Quite refreshing really.

Just wondering if this goes across the board with the MOD or of it's specific to this site...
    Shhhhh.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

More fingers than teeth

scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

Quote Originally Posted by malvolio View Post
    Abbeywood
    You're thinking of Bath. They've moved on since then.
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

Double Godlike!

malvolio - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    You're thinking of Bath. They've moved on since then.
    Erm, yes, I worked with MOD Bath in the late 90s - mainly Foxhill and Lansdown - and was involved in the move to Abbeywood. I also worked in Main Building before (nightmare) and after the remodelling (better, pretty but inefficient), plus various other sites I can't talk about.

So sadly for you, I know exactly where I'm talking about.
    Blog? What blog...?

Double Godlike!

malvolio - scorchio!

No, I meant buildings that don't exist. Everyone's heard of GCHQ.

So stop digging...
    Blog? What blog...?

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

WTFH is always on top

Given the appalling parking
    Hi Darren.
    Strong and Stable Moderation

Banned

Big Blue Plymouth is NOT a disguised employee

Abbeywood was built for about half as many people as are now working there, so the more people they leave at home the better. Given the appalling parking and access roads, it's probably just as well...

Bloody awful building as well, even when it was new and still had empty spaces.
    It was originally going to be at the site of the old Frys chocolate factory in Keynsham but Filton was chosen because of the rail links apparently.

As for parking, forgot it. There are a handful of spaces at the station but normally it means parking in Asda before moving over to Sainsburys when your time is up before moving back again. Probably spend an hour every Wednesday playing musical cars....

Ddraig Goch

psychocandy - scorchio!

Train station next door of course. And they're own gate by the train station from what I remember?

I used to work at HP just up the hill.....

Result on the WFH though......
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!