• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

POLAND, how is it getting rich?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Send daddy to (look for)work in Uk

Claim benefits in Uk for polish family living in Poland.

Rinse n repeat.

Apparently.
    Did we mention fail to get car insurance or re-register your vehicle within the prescribed time limits?

At least those nice Poles send an aircraft over once a week or so to collect some of their absconded villains - those that we catch anyway!
    Last edited by Zigenare; 9 July 2018, 08:43.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Send daddy to work in Uk

Claim benefits in Uk for polish family living in Poland.

Rinse n repeat.

Apparently.
      At what % of Polish GDP do you calculate these child benefit payments?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        At what % of Polish GDP do you calculate these child benefit payments?
        The exact amount is unquantifiable, but there are statistics showing it does occur;

https://assets.publishing.service.go...ugust_2017.pdf

HTH BIDI
        Originally posted by Old Greg
        I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
        ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
          The exact amount is unquantifiable, but there are statistics showing it does occur;

HTH BIDI
          It seems unlikely to be much of a factor in how Poland is getting 'rich'.

Comment

HTH BIDI

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Not me.

Just setting expectations for Old Greg, wrt an answer to their question - nobody can quantify it.
              ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Not me.

Just setting expectations for Old Greg, wrt an answer to their question - nobody can quantify it.
                I think the point (although it's always hard to tell with scoots) is that griping about child benefit payments is unlikely to have much relevance on why Poland is getting 'rich'.

Comment

It seems unlikely to be much of a factor in how Poland is getting 'rich'.
                  Do not disagree with you on that.

But every little helps - every mouth that is fed by UK money is a mouth which does not need to be fed from the Polish coffers.

Not that it happened that much but..

Comment

I think the point (although it's always hard to tell with scoots) is that griping about child benefit payments is unlikely to have much relevance on why Poland is getting 'rich'.
                    I agree.

Taking the 2017 figs and amounts;

Assuming all 31,940 only have 1 kid = ~£34.4M
                    Assuming all 31,940 only have 2 kids = ~£57.1M

and that has to assume all 31,940 come from Poland, which is practically impossible to assume.

They are not insignificant numbers, that however, is a different discussion to be had.
                    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Part of the reason is that firms are fed up of crap outsourcing to India and have switched to Poland and other countries in Eastern Europe; they gain easier flights to shepherd the new troops, better timezone differences for more active days (Poland log out at 4pm typically) as well as a better culture - they'll typically admit that they don't know rather than go missing. Please note that this is an Indian cultural thing, nothing racist, and was pointed out to our team by an Indian colleague in Canary Wharf as one of the main pitfalls of offshoring to our Pune team.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X