• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

POLAND, how is it getting rich?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bean View Post
    I agree.

Taking the 2017 figs and amounts;

Assuming all 31,940 only have 1 kid = ~£34.4M
    Assuming all 31,940 only have 2 kids = ~£57.1M

and that has to assume all 31,940 come from Poland, which is practically impossible to assume.

They are not insignificant numbers, that however, is a different discussion to be had.
    20,085 families
    31,940 children

About 80% from Poland at a guess.

CBA to work out the total.

There are approx. 911,000 Poles in the UK.

Comment

That'll explain why Poland's military has managed to expand its armed forces at such at rate, all thanks to the CBA.

WATCH OUT PUTIN: Poland to spend £42 BILLION on its army to counter Russian aggression
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Breakdown of Poland’s finances with the EU in 2016:
        • Total EU spending in Poland: € 10.638 billion
        • Total EU spending as % of Polish gross national income (GNI): 2.61 %
        • Total Polish contribution to the EU budget: € 3.553 billion
        • Polish contribution to the EU budget as % of its GNI: 0.87 %

Massive welfare recipients.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post

Reasonable reparations for being sold down the river to the USSR in 1943.

Comment

Or to put it another way, Poland receives (10.638/3.553) ~3 times more from the EU, than it pays into the EU.
            Originally posted by Old Greg
            I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
            ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              What about Polish levels of wages? Would certainly explain why they par far less tax.
              Around €50k pa for software engineers at the office where I work. And half the cost of living v the UK.

Comment

Sounds like you're saying the UK is fooked?

la la not listening, Sunny uplands & blue passports ahead captain.
                Last edited by scooterscot; 25 July 2018, 07:25.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
                  Not me.

Just setting expectations for Old Greg, wrt an answer to their question - nobody can quantify it.
                  And yet the easily led that read the Daily Wail believe the whole of the Polish population is at it, and once we come out of Europe suddenly this will solve all these kinds of fictitious problems.
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    Reasonable reparations for being sold down the river to the USSR in 1943.
                    So we can look forward to future reparations for being sold down the river in 2016.
                    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Polish economy has grown by 200 billion since 2004 so your figures don't add up, that is 200 billion per year compared to 6 billion from the EU.
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X