• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wednesday Night Football Poll: Which is it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Now I'm a bit unsure here.
    That's normal though isn't it.

doomsday scenario of England accidentally winning the whole thing.
    We can do better than that; just imagine how you'd feel if they won it, there was a bank holiday declared, and you lost a days pay

Comment

As it started in Scotland it isn't coming home any time soon.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Getting thrashed in the final is my prediction.

I have Wimbledon final tickets which would be somewhat bittersweet if England make the final, as both are somewhat once-in-a-lifetime events. If neither Federer nor Nadal make the tennis final (seeing either play is on my bucket list) and England win tomorrow, it'll be slightly galling.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

If England lose to Croatia its all over and no more crap in the media about 1966
          Well for a year or two anyway...............

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            Well for a year or two anyway...............

HTH

It'll be 4 years obviously...

there will be the usual tooting about winning something in a major tournament in the Euro's in two years time but it's just not the same...

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              It'll be 4 years obviously...

there will be the usual tooting about winning something in a major tournament in the Euro's in two years time but it's just not the same...
              Don't tell the Welsh that. They bang on and on about 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                As it started in Scotland it isn't coming home any time soon.
                FIFA disagree with you.

https://www.fifa.com/about-fifa/who-...ame/index.html
                "It all began in 1863 in England"

Originally posted by Old Greg
                I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
                ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
                  A search down the centuries reveals at least half a dozen different games, varying to different degrees, and to which the historical development of football has been traced back. Whether this can be justified in some instances is disputable.
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
                    FIFA disagree with you.

https://www.fifa.com/about-fifa/who-...ame/index.html

Given that Notts County are the oldest football league club and were founded in 1862, it's a bit dubious....
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                      Given that Notts County are the oldest football league club and were founded in 1862, it's a bit dubious....
                      But they couldn’t play anyone until the second oldest club was formed...

Comment

Working...
                      X