• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wednesday Night Football Poll: Which is it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesday Night Football Poll: Which is it?

England v Croatia, 7PM kick off UK time.
    Football's coming home
    50.00%
    We're coming home
    21.43%
    Run! AndyW's coming home
    28.57%

The poll is expired.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Thanks for the heads-up - I thought it was a 7:30pm kickoff, so wasn't going to go shopping until then. I'll be able to get down to Big Sainsbury's a bit earlier now I know it's 7pm

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Thanks for the heads-up - I thought it was a 7:30pm kickoff, so wasn't going to go shopping until then. I'll be able to get down to Big Sainsbury's a bit earlier now I know it's 7pm
      You won't be able to nip out to Aldi or Lidl on Sunday if we win tomorrow night.

Great gesture: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44777637
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        You won't be able to nip out to Aldi or Lidl on Sunday if we win tomorrow night.

Great gesture: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44777637
        Bit of a bugger for those of their staff who don't give a tulip about soccer but are told they'll lose an hour's wages whether they like it or not

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Bit of a bugger for those of their staff who don't give a tulip about soccer but are told they'll lose an hour's wages whether they like it or not
          Flip side is that the stores will be dead and they shut at 4 anyway. Sunday opening has done significant damage to family life already.

Comment

Sunday opening has done significant damage to family life already.
            That's pre-marital sex you're thinking of.

Comment

Flip side is that the stores will be dead and they shut at 4 anyway. Sunday opening has done significant damage to family life already.
              I agree that Sunday opening was always a bad idea. It was nice to have a day when virtually nothing could be done to feed the insatiable maw of consumerism, and it was the only time one could walk through the city centre in peace

Comment

Now I'm a bit unsure here.

Do I want England to beat Croatia or not?

If England lose to Croatia its all over and no more crap in the media about 1966 and no chance of the doomsday scenario of England accidentally winning the whole thing.

Or do I want them to win so it'll be all the more fun when they lose in the final and I can gloat about it?
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                  Now I'm a bit unsure here.

Do I want England to beat Croatia or not?

If England lose to Croatia its all over and no more crap in the media about 1966 and no chance of the doomsday scenario of England accidentally winning the whole thing.

Or do I want them to win so it'll be all the more fun when they lose in the final and I can gloat about it?
                  Decisions, decisions...must be a right pain being Welsh...
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
                    That's pre-marital sex you're thinking of.
                    I know you are an expert on extra-marital sex. I was not aware it extended to pre-marital sex too.

Comment

Working...
                    X