• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trump Nato: EU's Tusk warns president to appreciate allies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Now he's accusing Germany of being controlled by Russia for buying their gas from them and allowing the new pipeline.

It would be funny if it wasn't so depressing.
    Yep but it's true. Germany is very cautious of upsetting Russia.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      It's Donald Trump not the US.

Donald Trump is a draft dodger and has made no contribution whatsoever to peace in Europe.
      I think some people have a dislike for the US and are jumping on the bandwagon. For example you have Scoots saying we should target the American economy - and somehow target states that vote for trump.

That's an idiot thing to say and to me highlights Scoots anti American views.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        Yep but it's true. Germany is very cautious of upsetting Russia.
        Yes - they seem to be employing a 'Germany first' approach. How very dare they - or anyone else for that matter.
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

I think Trump wants appreciation. For Trump. He doesn't give a stuff about the USA.

Comment

Skimmed it - not sure what you're getting at.
            Ok, Germany is to become more dependent on Russian gas. Would you say that is a good thing, or would you say that maybe it's a tad unhealthy for NATO as a whole?
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
              I think some people have a dislike for the US and are jumping on the bandwagon. For example you have Scoots saying we should target the American economy - and somehow target states that vote for trump.

That's an idiot thing to say and to me highlights Scoots anti American views.

Do as Trump says is no longer allowed? Exactly why should we subject to his bereft policies but someone are not allowed to copy them?

I've no dislike of the US, but the presidential system no longer works for the USA. It is time the United states broke up and acted like individual countries. In fact that's already happening. What you accuse me of is already happening with democrat states, who generate 80% of US GDP. A number of them are creating their own currency. The greatest enemy to the US is from the US itself.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                Ok, Germany is to become more dependent on Russian gas. Would you say that is a good thing, or would you say that maybe it's a tad unhealthy for NATO as a whole?
                Russia almost achieved democracy - then threw it away to elect a dictator. Anyone in the least bit dependent on them (which includes the UK) needs to smell the coffee.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
                  I think Trump wants appreciation. For Trump. He doesn't give a stuff about the USA.
                  It's all about money - he see's the US as his latest business and is running it the way he runs his property business - being tough, uncompromising and getting the best deal for himself. He wants NATO countries to pay more into the US MIC and for Europe to buy LNG from the US.
                  "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                    I'd say they know what they are doing and are acting in their own interests. Germany isn't just buying Russian gas they are facilitating a pipeline to let more of it into Europe. As for NATO - no one actually wants war with Russia, NATO is just a cash cow for the MIC which is why Trump is yelling at other countries to pay more.

The sooner we get away from fossil fuels and abolish war/arms for profit the better.

Comment

I'd say they know what they are doing and are acting in their own interests. Germany isn't just buying Russian gas they are facilitating a pipeline to let more of it into Europe. As for NATO - no one actually wants war with Russia, NATO is just a cash cow for the MIC which is why Trump is yelling at other countries to pay more.

The sooner we get away from fossil fuels and abolish war/arms for profit the better.
                      Neither you, nor I, nor I would suggest anyone born in the next 250 years will see that!
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X