An innocent mistake to make..... An innocent mistake to make.....
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 31
  1. #1

    Super poster

    Wilmslow has more data than eek


    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,379

    Default An innocent mistake to make.....


  2. #2

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg is always on top

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    27,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wilmslow View Post
    I was hoping you had been nicked for directing your CCTV cameras into next door's bathroom window.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  3. #3

    Contractor Among Contractors

    Bean 's job has never been outsourced

    Bean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,417

    Default

    Interesting, when viewed against;

    https://forums.contractoruk.com/gene...ml#post2567858

    https://forums.contractoruk.com/gene...ml#post2567867


    Wonder if Darmy and/or WTFH, support the right to post[1] that cartoon[2] or not?, given the pictures in their posts, linked above.

    [1] - Free speech
    [2] - Freedom of expression
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

  4. #4

    Super poster

    vwdan - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    3,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    Interesting, when viewed against;

    Wonder if Darmy and/or WTFH, support the right to post[1] that cartoon[2] or not?, given the pictures in their posts, linked above.

    [1] - Free speech
    [2] - Freedom of expression
    Free speech doesn't mean exempt from judgement.

  5. #5

    My post count is Majestic

    vetran has reached the peak. Play again?

    vetran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Come Friendly Bombs
    Posts
    35,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vwdan View Post
    Free speech doesn't mean exempt from judgement.
    Indeed if it had been a sheep Sadiq Khan's head had been on the left would have all laughed along ....
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

    I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

  6. #6

    More fingers than teeth

    darmstadt is a fount of knowledge

    darmstadt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Eurozone
    Posts
    18,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    Interesting, when viewed against;

    https://forums.contractoruk.com/gene...ml#post2567858

    https://forums.contractoruk.com/gene...ml#post2567867


    Wonder if Darmy and/or WTFH, support the right to post[1] that cartoon[2] or not?, given the pictures in their posts, linked above.

    [1] - Free speech
    [2] - Freedom of expression
    Fabricant is more then free to post what he wants but unlike us, he's in a position where people, apparently, are influenced by his opinions and should therefore be careful what he posts and the repercussions. I like the way, like many right wingers when questioned on why they posted something, comes up up with a feeble excuse. However you can continue to stick up for someone who once said this about a journalist: "would either end up with a brain haemorrhage or by punching her in the throat" and has quite often been in press, not because of his stupid hair, but because if you change one of the vowels in the four last letters of his surname, he acts like one. But you know what, it's your choice to stick up for him...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

  7. #7

    Contractor Among Contractors

    Bean 's job has never been outsourced

    Bean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darmstadt View Post
    Fabricant is more then free to post what he wants but unlike us, he's in a position where people, apparently, are influenced by his opinions and should therefore be careful what he posts and the repercussions. I like the way, like many right wingers when questioned on why they posted something, comes up up with a feeble excuse. However you can continue to stick up for someone who once said this about a journalist: "would either end up with a brain haemorrhage or by punching her in the throat" and has quite often been in press, not because of his stupid hair, but because if you change one of the vowels in the four last letters of his surname, he acts like one. But you know what, it's your choice to stick up for him...
    What should the repercussions for Fabricant be, in your view?,
    and also,
    What should the repercussions be for the trump/Bear float creator/approver be?

    Free speech is what I'm sticking up for, not him personally.

    What if it was a sheep/goat, as has been suggested - is it all good now?
    Apply for permission and just expect Sadiq to approve it?

    If someone believes he made a statement, which was incitement to violence, or directly threatening violence - the police are available you know, there's laws against that kind of nasty behaviour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

  8. #8

    Contractor Among Contractors

    Bean 's job has never been outsourced

    Bean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vwdan View Post
    Free speech doesn't mean exempt from judgement.
    Indeed, although that wasn't the question posed...

    It seems some rights DO indeed come with responsibilities.....something that Old Greg argued with Equalizer about, in a different thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

  9. #9

    Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

    WTFH has reached the peak. Play again?

    WTFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    21,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    Indeed, although that wasn't the question posed...

    It seems some rights DO indeed come with responsibilities.....something that Old Greg argued with Equalizer about, in a different thread.

    All rights come with responsibilities. Some people don't accept the associated responsibilities.

    So, is your question an attempt to snare me to get me to say something you will twist into something else?

    Let me answer you:
    No, I do not support hate speech.
    No, I do not support mocking the disabled.
    No, I do not support material where the sole purpose of it is to deliberately offend
    I'm perfect, in a very specific and limited way.
    Hands... out infractions
    Face... the music
    Space... between the ears

  10. #10

    Contractor Among Contractors

    Bean 's job has never been outsourced

    Bean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    All rights come with responsibilities. Some people don't accept the associated responsibilities.

    So, is your question an attempt to snare me to get me to say something you will twist into something else?
    You need to lay off the fox-watching if you're always thinking about being snared
    (I honestly just wondered if you would by hypocritical, wrt to deliberately offensive protests, given you posted those pics)

    besides, if you truly believe that, step into this thread, lol;
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    And with rights come responsibilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    No they don't, although it has become a somewhat clichéd accepted truth. Otherwise newborn babies and adults with very severe intellectual disabilities would either: a) have responsibilities; or b) have no rights.
    anyways....

    Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    Let me answer you:
    No, I do not support hate speech.
    No, I do not support mocking the disabled.
    No, I do not support material where the sole purpose of it is to deliberately offend
    Thanks for the concise responses.

    So, could you elaborate exactly why you posted the following;
    https://forums.contractoruk.com/gene...ml#post2567867

    Specifically the 1st & 3rd images

    also, could you suggest some alternate purposes (in your head) of those floats, wrt your point #3 - 'deliberately offend', as it appears you supported anti Cameron & Putin, offensive protest floats, by posting pictures of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •