• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A spoonful of knickers make the weddings go down

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Aren't sexual relations between people closer than cousins already outlawed under incest law?
    Yes they are.

https://www.ncjrs.gov/App/Publicatio....aspx?ID=62900

we do seem to be more enlightened than some in Europe.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/556287...amily-members/

But the post was suggesting extending it to include cousins as the figures show that the children of cousins are many times more likely to suffer disability.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Allowing same sex relations between siblings is not really likely to produce progeny. So your concern about inbreeding is irrelevant to those. Also, as the Sun notes some of the laws of these countries "assumes relations between males and females", so same sex falls between the heterosexist gaps.

So that leaves Italy, where it's not criminal so long as it doesn't provoke scandal, Greece, where it's not criminal if both are under 18, and Russia, Portugal, Spain and France where it's not illegal all.

In none of these countries is incestuous marriage allowed. I'd like to see that extended to cousins as well.

Interestingly, the laws against incest between consenting adults in France were abolished by Napolean on the grounds that they were founded in religious ideas and so have no place in a secular society.

While to me the whole idea seems icky and weird (I got incest repellent ), is there any particular reason (beyond inbreeding) why perhaps childish experimentation should be criminalised?

So long as there are no children born to such relationships, on what basis do you think they should be illegal, and those involved put in prison or fined?
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Allowing same sex relations between siblings is not really likely to produce progeny. So your concern about inbreeding is irrelevant to those. Also, as the Sun notes some of the laws of these countries "assumes relations between males and females", so same sex falls between the heterosexist gaps.

So that leaves Italy, where it's not criminal so long as it doesn't provoke scandal, Greece, where it's not criminal if both are under 18, and Russia, Portugal, Spain and France where it's not illegal all.

In none of these countries is incestuous marriage allowed. I'd like to see that extended to cousins as well.

Interestingly, the laws against incest between consenting adults in France were abolished by Napolean on the grounds that they were founded in religious ideas and so have no place in a secular society.

While to me the whole idea seems icky and weird (I got incest repellent ), is there any particular reason (beyond inbreeding) why perhaps childish experimentation should be criminalised?

So long as there are no children born to such relationships, on what basis do you think they should be illegal, and those involved put in prison or fined?
        Unfortunately if enough have sex then they will conceive. Its like speeding, lots of people do it and get away with it but sometimes it hurts people. Just ban it, I never wanted to have sex with my cousins, now their friends were fit. Just ban it and be done with it. Also I'm not one to discriminate based on a person's sexuality so same sex are out as well YBigottryMV.

I would argue any sexual relationship with your cousins is suspect and probably difficult for the family whether or not it is heterosexual.

I doubt I would be keen if my children mentioned they had been intimate with their cousins on either side of the family. Just yuck and it would destroy families.

If we threaten to criminalise it then people who are doing it for a visa will stop and those that live in Norfolk will end up with wrist cramp! A very small number of children experimenting with their cousins will be disappointed and o so with someone outside the family.

The risks to any baby's health are too high, Napoleon wouldn't have known that but if he had then he probably would have kept the incest laws and rationalised them on medical grounds.

Comment

If only all foreigners didn’t exist, and the world was Vetran, Donald Trump and Paul Dacre. Then everything would be perfect.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            That well known mason & bricklayer William the Bastard apparently.

I wonder how much bricklaying he did himself.

Did I pass?
            You tried employing or hiring a brickie recently ? They're all bastards.....
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              If only all foreigners didn’t exist, and the world was Vetran, Donald Trump and Paul Dacre. Then everything would be perfect.
              Well Paul Dacre is off soon, so the vetran's safe place is becoming less perfect as the walls of reality come crashing in.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                I approve of coercive marriages for the purposes of immigration visas, despite the fact children will be disabled because of it. I think its entirely sensible we have unlimited immigration despite the government being unwilling to fund or plan for it.
                FTFY.

Comment

Well Paul Dacre is off soon, so the vetran's safe place is becoming less perfect as the walls of reality come crashing in.
                  Which reality is going to crash in?

The negative £16.8 billion the migrants cost?

The Fiscal Impact of Immigration in the UK - Migration Observatory - The Migration Observatory

In 2016, Migration Watch UK issued a paper estimating the fiscal impact of immigration for the year 2014/15. This found a fiscal cost overall, and had similar results as the later years in the UCL study, with a positive contribution only from recent EU14 migrants and a fiscal cost from all other groups.

As the UK had a large budget deficit in that year, the UK-born population was a fiscal cost overall as well. However, the UK-born working-age population did make a positive fiscal contribution that was only turned into a deficit overall by the costs of the elderly. In contrast, the immigrant working-age population made a negative fiscal contribution overall.
                  so those young migrants have a negative cost wait till they get older.

Europe are now anti migrant:

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-a8393486.html

Migration drives down / stagnates wages, or at least lack of migration causes wages to rise.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...o-get-out-more

The Chartered Institute for Personnel and Development, which regularly talks to human resources directors across the private and public sectors, says the bottom end of the labour market continues to have a plentiful supply of workers. Its last survey showed there were an average of 24 applications for each low-skilled job, 19 candidates for every medium-skilled vacancy and eight for each high-skilled post.

One factor was the continued influx of EU workers.

It said: “EU net migration levels remain well above post-enlargement average levels due to a continued strong supply of EU15 and Bulgarian and Romanian nationals. Initial fears that Brexit would have a material impact on employers’ ability to fill vacancies therefore seem to be somewhat premature.”
                  all of which was predicted fifteen years ago by me & others. This is my reality, show me yours! preferably with facts not propaganda!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    Which reality is going to crash in?

The negative £16.8 billion the migrants cost?

The Fiscal Impact of Immigration in the UK - Migration Observatory - The Migration Observatory

so those young migrants have a negative cost wait till they get older.

Europe are now anti migrant:

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-a8393486.html

Migration drives down / stagnates wages, or at least lack of migration causes wages to rise.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...o-get-out-more

all of which was predicted fifteen years ago by me & others. This is my reality, show me yours! preferably with facts not propaganda!
                    Ah bless. He's so cute when he tries to reason and argue like a grown-up person.

Comment

I lost and I am a feckwit, I have no evidence to counter his argument
                      FTFY

Comment

Working...
                      X