• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shouldn't laugh but!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shouldn't laugh but!

'Explosive' device is thrown at home of former Sinn Fein leader Gerry Adams, police confirm* | Daily Mail Online

Gerry Adams calls on those responsible for bombing his home to 'have the guts and gumption to sit down and tell me what it's about' after six nights of violence blamed on the 'New IRA'
    Former Sinn Fein leader has called on those responsible to 'sit down and explain to me what this is about'
    He also said those 'poisoning the atmosphere' in Belfast do the same
    Attack occurred at homes of Adams and ex northern chairman Bobby Storey
    The incident was branded 'reprehensible' and 'cowardly' by the republican party

I suspect there will be a few people without knee caps soon.

Sad his family were endangered. Poetic Justice for a man who is frequently believed to have ordered many other people's deaths.
    Last edited by vetran; 15 July 2018, 19:45.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

He used to go to The Deep restaurant in Howth when in Dublin, and leave a £5 tip sterling just to piss off the locals...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      He used to go to The Deep restaurant in Howth when in Dublin, and leave a £5 tip sterling just to piss off the locals...
      so he is a total chunt then?

Comment

My current work looks like I will spending a few days in NI doing the rounds of some of our locations etc.

Should I be worried?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          My current work looks like I will spending a few days in NI doing the rounds of some of our locations etc.

Should I be worried?
          I was at Stormont a few days after the Agreement was signed. I'm still here.

Comment

Should I be worried?
            Safer than a round of Runcorn.

Comment

Should I be worried?
              Depends where you are going, where you are staying, how you are getting around, and how you are dressed/tattooed.

Walking round Andytown waving a Union flag, wearing a bowler hat, singing the sash: Not a good idea
              Having a pint in The Crown while not wearing any national/political/religious clothing and not sounding like Jacob Rees Mogg: You'll be fine.
              Going to the Bogside and referring to the city as "Londonderry" in an English accent: Not too smart
              Going to the Waterside and referring to the city as "Derry": Not too smart
              Asking people about their politics/religion: No
              If you are asked where you are from, say England. Don't say the mainland, or the UK.
              Try to relax, be cordial and enjoy yourself. Making fun of yourself is a good skill to have there. Don't be uptight, confrontational or arrogant.

Order an Ulster Fry for breakfast, not "The full English".
              Oh, and Tayto Cheese & Onion crisps (in yellow bags). Beats Walkers any day.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
                Safer than a round of Runcorn.
                You know Runcorn well???

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Order an Ulster Fry for breakfast, not "The full English".
                  Oh, and Tayto Cheese & Onion crisps (in yellow bags). Beats Walkers any day.
                  Definitely this!

Plus Colcannon

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    Definitely this!

Plus Colcannon
                    Plus don't stop to admire any murals on the side of any houses
                    Use the taxis. The taxi drivers are a great laugh and a huge source of information.

Comment

Working...
                    X