• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Setup Private Mail address

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear All,

I wish to setup a private mailbox so I can have mail sent and kept secure whilst I am away. When I come to the UK I wish to pickup the mail from a central point.

Having checked Royal Mail they offer a PO box for personal use which is just over 150 pounds for 6 months. This seems a lot of money considering that I only require this faculty for 3 months.

A google for personal mailboxes reveals that there are several websites offering this service. However I want to proceed with caution as a lot of these sites may well be honey pots or scam sites.

Can anyone advise as to a more cost effective option ?

Many thanks

Originally posted by fishandchips View Post
    Dear All,

I wish to setup a private mailbox so I can have mail sent and kept secure whilst I am away. When I come to the UK I wish to pickup the mail from a central point.

Having checked Royal Mail they offer a PO box for personal use which is just over 150 pounds for 6 months. This seems a lot of money considering that I only require this faculty for 3 months.

A google for personal mailboxes reveals that there are several websites offering this service. However I want to proceed with caution as a lot of these sites may well be honey pots or scam sites.

Many thanks
    You'll get the service you pay for.

Personally, I'd go with the RM option for £150/6mths - it's not that expensive for piece of mind, with a 'good' well-known provider...
    Originally posted by Old Greg
    I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Dear All,

Many thanks
      You could try Mail boxes etc. They are on the high street and a good alternative to Royal Mail. Not sure on shortest duration of mail box hire though.

Comment

Dear All,

Many thanks
        I use U.K. Postbox https://www.ukpostbox.com

PAYG if you don’t expect to receive much.

No issues so far, used them for a few years. They’ll charge you a small amount per letter for storage, and then a forwarding fee at the end (or you can choose to have them open and scan your mail).

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
          You'll get the service you pay for.

Personally, I'd go with the RM option for £150/6mths - it's not that expensive for piece of mind, with a 'good' well-known provider...
          I agree, why scrimp around to save just a few ££

Comment

No have no friends. Are you sasguru?

Comment

How do you intend to get your mail sent to the box?

If you're going to set up a redirection with RM (at an additional cost) then you might just be better off with their Keepsafe service which is just £47 for 66 days

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                How do you intend to get your mail sent to the box?

If you're going to set up a redirection with RM (at an additional cost) then you might just be better off with their Keepsafe service which is just £47 for 66 days
                £47!

You think we are all made of money?

That's a days pay for some IT contractors these days.

Comment

Working...
                X