• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Teenagers are little sh@tes - spy software recommendation?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Introduce him to beer and women. He'll soon forget about playing games on his laptop....although you may have a completely different set of problems to deal with.

Comment

Stop claiming JSA and you won't be able to afford internet anymore.

Comment

Wouldn't better parenting be the more sensible approach than trying to spy on childrens computers

[must not go Elon Musk mode]
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          Wouldn't better parenting be the more sensible approach than trying to spy on childrens computers

[must not go Elon Musk mode]
          Go on then I'll bite. Suggestions?
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            Screens out of bedroom. Simples.

Also, is this the kid with mental health issues?
            Yes an option..... BUT we do try to treat him with a bit of respect and trust if we can.....

Yes he has issues which doesn't help. Out big problem is determining what is caused by his "issues" and what is just bad behaviour. Its the $64K question to be honest.

Comment

Take the laptop at bed time.

Take the phone at bed time.

Take the tablet at bed time.

If they have no device then they cannot use it when they shouldn't. It really shouldn't be complicated to work this out.
              I'm not fat, I'm just fluffy.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                Don't confront him. Deny his ability to use the internet after 11pm. Easily done on most routers.
                If he complains, ask him what he's trying to access.
                Not on my tp-link unfortunately. I can deny wi-fi access according to a schedule but not wired (he uses ip over power). I can block mac but not to a schedule unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                  BUT we do try to treat him with a bit of respect and trust if we can.....
                  And you think that spyware that emails you what he is running provides respect and trust?

Comment

Originally posted by DeludedKitten View Post
                    Take the laptop at bed time.

Take the phone at bed time.

Take the tablet at bed time.

If they have no device then they cannot use it when they shouldn't. It really shouldn't be complicated to work this out.
                    desktop he has not laptop. Phone is already plugged in downstairs at night.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                      desktop he has not laptop. Phone is already plugged in downstairs at night.
                      Take the power cable then. Or the keyboard and mouse.

Comment

Working...
                      X