• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Smart meters - again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
    I don't know how many of you have an EV, such as a Nissan Leaf, or for the more successful contractors, a Tesla, but Octopus Energy has the latest spec Smart Meters (SMETS2), which means you can get electricity super cheaply at certain times of the day.

Octopus Go | Octopus Energy

And then there's the techies here, who like to use home automation combined with intelligent tariffs, to run their homes at optimal cost.

Agile Octopus | Octopus Energy

Oh, and if you sign up to join Octopus Energy as a customer (on any tariff) with this link:

Octopus Referrals: Your Questions Answered | Octopus Energy

You get £50 credit to your account, and I get £50 too.
    they rang me yesterday and I told them to do one and take my number off their books (busy and in a bad mood after constant calls from that number)
    they're worth a look then?...and not just for the referral fee
    Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
      they rang me yesterday and I told them to do one and take my number off their books (busy and in a bad mood after constant calls from that number)
      they're worth a look then?...and not just for the referral fee
      Well I'm not going to push it, you are all big grown up boys and girls.

But they have a good reputation (granted amongst a group of mostly hated competitors).

Best & Worst UK Energy Companies: 2019

Octopus Energy Review - Which?

Octopus Energy review: should you switch? | T3

And don't forget if you want to share the £100 use my link

Octopus Referrals: Your Questions Answered | Octopus Energy
      First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Working...
      X