• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DAB

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DAB

DAB, still crap after x years. A dead duck I think...
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Radio, or sherbert ????

Comment

Are you sure it’s not your receiver that’s crap?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Never mind DAB, here in Germany my analogue radio only seems to receive 1980's music.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Are you sure it’s not your receiver that’s crap?
          I’ve three receivers, (one car and two portable). Outside of London it is so patchy, it only works when the car is stationary or inside a building, it is limited to certain areas. Furthermore, the bit-rate on some stations makes the sound worse than FM.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

We like Dab. Similar to Sole or Plaice. An economical fish as it's plentiful in our waters and not on any endangered lists. You proles should eat more of it to spare the cod for palace tables.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Never mind DAB, here in Germany my analogue radio only seems to receive 1980's music.
              That's because you live in Bavaria

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

You're probably right. The other day walking down the street I thought... ah a funeral. Nope, just ten black cars parked along the street.

Colour will come to Bavaria. We can hope.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  DAB, still crap after x years. A dead duck I think...
                  totally agree - I drive between the north west and Edinburgh a lot. Literally no reception through most of the lakes or the Scottish countryside. Plus what stations are available are fairly crap. I listen mainly to planet rock. Their playlist has not changed much over the past 20 years. In 20 years their playlist will consist of songs by dead people.
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    I’ve three receivers, (one car and two portable). Outside of London it is so patchy, it only works when the car is stationary or inside a building, it is limited to certain areas. Furthermore, the bit-rate on some stations makes the sound worse than FM.
                    I live outside London. Have DAB in the car (Alfa), no problem with 5LiveSX, which is about the only digital-only station I listen to. The other stations in the car are also the DAB versions. No problems at all. At home, DAB radios work fine too.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X