Foxtons - don't laugh Foxtons - don't laugh - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 23
  1. #11

    My post count is Majestic

    vetran is always on top

    vetran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Come Friendly Bombs
    Posts
    31,394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    still lots more people in the UK than last year. Unless all those with EU passports decide to go back to the land of their Birth and fewer decide to come over because of Brexit and the other nationalities decide their home countries look more appealing we have a growing population with not enough houses being built the prices won't fall seriously any time soon.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

    I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

  2. #12

    Contractor Among Contractors

    GreenMirror 's job has never been outsourced


    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    still lots more people in the UK than last year. Unless all those with EU passports decide to go back to the land of their Birth and fewer decide to come over because of Brexit and the other nationalities decide their home countries look more appealing we have a growing population with not enough houses being built the prices won't fall seriously any time soon.
    Increase in those coming to UK. Decrease in those coming from EU.

    The public are being taken for mugs.

  3. #13

    More fingers than teeth

    scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

    scooterscot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain
    Posts
    19,558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    the prices won't fall seriously any time soon.
    When there's only 1 million people left in the UK you'll still be blaming immigrants. You realise more immigrants to the UK come from outside the EU?

    When the herd hold the same belief what harm does it do to look the other way? Think it was Jim Rogers who said something like this... point is herd behaviour is the worst indicator of future price predictions.

    The UK could have stopped massive house price increases long ago by preventing foreign investors buying up UK property (not unlike Australia). Nothing to do with immigration, which your Daily wail is so fond of using as an excuse easily digested by the whateverspoon masses.
    Last edited by scooterscot; 23rd July 2018 at 10:07.
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

  4. #14

    Contractor Among Contractors

    GreenMirror 's job has never been outsourced


    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    When there's only 1 million people left in the UK you'll still be blaming immigrants. You realise more immigrants to the UK come from outside the EU?

    When the herd hold the same belief what harm does it do to look the other way? Think it was Jim Rogers who said something like this... point is herd behaviour is the worst indicator of future price predictions.

    The UK could have stopped massive house price increases long ago by preventing foreign investors buying up UK property (not unlike Australia). Nothing to do with immigration, which your Daily wail is so fond of using as an excuse easily digested by the whateverspoon masses.
    +1

    A worker, an immigrant and a politician are in a cafe. 10 cookies on the table. Politician takes 9 cookies. Says to the worker the immigrant is stealing your cookie.

    Just as well most voters(well at least 52%) are total idiots.

  5. #15

    My post count is Majestic

    vetran is always on top

    vetran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Come Friendly Bombs
    Posts
    31,394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    When there's only 1 million people left in the UK you'll still be blaming immigrants. You realise more immigrants to the UK come from outside the EU?

    When the herd hold the same belief what harm does it do to look the other way? Think it was Jim Rogers who said something like this... point is herd behaviour is the worst indicator of future price predictions.

    The UK could have stopped massive house price increases long ago by preventing foreign investors buying up UK property (not unlike Australia). Nothing to do with immigration, which your Daily wail is so fond of using as an excuse easily digested by the whateverspoon masses.
    The ONS seems to disagree with you!


    https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...ation/july2017

    Main points
    In 2016 the population of the UK was 65.6 million, its largest ever.

    The UK population is projected to continue growing, reaching over 74 million by 2039.

    The population in the UK is getting older with 18% aged 65 and over and 2.4% aged 85 and over.

    In 2016 there were 285 people aged 65 and over for every 1,000 people aged 16 to 64 years (“traditional working age”).

    Births are continuing to outnumber deaths and immigration continues to outnumber emigration, resulting in a growing population.
    so as usual you are talking tulipe. The Brexoudus hasn't shown any real signs of starting, there is a slowing in the rate of arrivals since the vote, so the UK is still popular.

    Now if the Government were building enough houses to supply those arrivals then its possible prices would really fall. They aren't and because of that plenty of foreign investors are buying UK houses as a good investment.

    https://www.theguardian.com/society/...st-time-buyers

    3,600 bought so that should cover a ferry load or two. But feck all difference to the big picture, The sin is only building 46,000 new homes when we need 100,000 or more every year in London with this level of immigration.

    I'm not blaming the immigrants, they are doing what is sensible for their family, I blame subsequent governments who want cheap labour.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

    I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

  6. #16

    My post count is Majestic

    vetran is always on top

    vetran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Come Friendly Bombs
    Posts
    31,394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMirror View Post
    +1

    A worker, an immigrant and a politician are in a cafe. 10 cookies on the table. Politician takes 9 cookies. Says to the worker the immigrant is stealing your cookie.

    Just as well most voters(well at least 52%) are total idiots.
    nope we know the Politician is stealing the cookies but he is using the immigrant to distract you so he can.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

    I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

  7. #17

    My post count is Majestic

    d000hg - scorchio!

    d000hg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    32,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    I don't know enough to make any intelligent comments
    Since when has this been a problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Urine is quite nourishing

  8. #18

    More fingers than teeth

    scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

    scooterscot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain
    Posts
    19,558

    Default

    The UK population is projected to continue growing, reaching over 74 million by 2039.

    The population in the UK is getting older with 18% aged 65 and over and 2.4% aged 85 and over.

    So not immigration but baby boomers living until the end of days is the real reason for population growth?
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

  9. #19

    My post count is Majestic

    vetran is always on top

    vetran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Come Friendly Bombs
    Posts
    31,394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    So not immigration but baby boomers living until the end of days is the real reason for population growth?
    I smell clutched straws.

    If you remove immigration and you don't even need to remove the children of immigrants (30% of births) the UK population would be falling so no you are wrong again. Don't you ever get tired of being wrong?

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_...lacement_rates

    Unless we start killing the old duffers off then yes they are living longer and paying more tax.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

    I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

  10. #20

    Godlike

    BoredBloke 's job has never been outsourced

    BoredBloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    whereever the work is
    Posts
    7,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LondonManc View Post
    Foxtons deserve all they get. It's a battle and a half to get your deposit back off them after renting, even if you leave the flat cleaner than when you took it on!
    That's a common trait with all letting agents. They see the deposit as potential pure profit. You can bet that they try to deduct from the deposit because it needs cleaning and try to charge the landlord because it needs cleaning. I had one that tried to deduct money from me because it needed cleaning when I moved out. I asked for proof and literally all they came back with was a bit of something that hadn't gone down the plug hole in the kitchen and a bit of dust on a skirting board in the hall
    Last edited by BoredBloke; 24th July 2018 at 08:56.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

    I preferred version 1!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •