• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Foxtons - don't laugh

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
    That's a common trait with all letting agents. They see the deposit as potential pure profit. You can bet that they try to deduct from the deposit because it needs cleaning and try to charge the landlord because it needs cleaning. I had one that tried to deduct money from me because it needed cleaning when I moved out. I asked for proof and literally all they came back with was a bit of something that hadn't gone down the plug hole in the kitchen and a bit of dust on a skirting board in the hall
    I took photos when I moved in because I'd heard of horror stories about being shafted for your whole deposit.
    Settled for losing £100 in the end.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Well deserved

Everyone hates Foxtons. Their practices have been dodgy for years.
      https://www.independent.co.uk/news/b...e-8786804.html

Hopefully they will disappear from the high street soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Smartie View Post
        Everyone hates Foxtons. Their practices have been dodgy for years.
        https://www.independent.co.uk/news/b...e-8786804.html

Hopefully they will disappear from the high street soon.
        Echo that. They have been the biggest cowboys in the biz for 20 years, and they're not ashamed of it. They won't be missed.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
        X