• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London finance exodus to...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    That'll work well until they want to find an employee who can come to work

a) Sober
    b) After the hours of 6pm
    c) not impregnated by a relative
    d) not under the influence of hard drugs

but yeah sounds like a great plan.

And that shows how ignorant you are - there’s loads of finance contracts between Glasgow and Edinburgh.

Unless you’re just being racist of course.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      And that shows how ignorant you are - there’s loads of finance contracts between Glasgow and Edinburgh.

yes, but they Are fussy, so it might just be envy, doubt it though

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Barclays plans 2,500 new jobs in Glasgow

Perhaps they realise that Scotland will become an independent country and join the EU.
        I'm pleased that jobs are being spread throughout the UK, I hope the move to Glasgow works out, far too much stuff and investment ends up in London just because everything prior to that was setup in London.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          I'm pleased that jobs are being spread throughout the UK, I hope the move to Glasgow works out, far too much stuff and investment ends up in London just because everything prior to that was setup in London.
          This time next year, Swindon, you'll be a millionaire.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

Found the following regarding racism!

Originally posted by Scottish Herald
            Last week Kevin Bonar, a Hearts fan, was convicted of a racially-aggravated breach of the peace for calling Craig Bellamy, the former Celtic player, a "wee Welsh bastard" at a football match.

This is not, believes Paul McBride, a leading criminal QC, the kind of person the act was supposed to criminalise.

"It was to deal with black and Asian people being abused in the street, " he said. "I don't think they foresaw it being applied to national slurs in the way it has been.

"The act was a good idea.

There is no doubt ethnic minorities were being abused and the penalties were not fitting the crime.

"There is no problem with the legislation - the problem is that, in the current climate, if you add certain banned adjectives in front of an insult you are branded a racist.

"Now you have people involved in relatively trifling circumstances finding themselves branded a racist and as a result barred from every public sector job in the country.

"The guy who called Bellamy a Welsh bastard was going to call him a bastard anyway. He just happened to be Welsh.

"He could have called him a Celtic bastard and it wouldn't be racially aggravated."

He warned that if the law continues to be applied as it is at present, the interpretation of "racial" could be unnecessarily widened.

He added: "Although it has never been tested in court, I suppose calling someone a dirty European Union bastard would be a racial slur as it refers to their nationality and citizenship.
            Full article here.
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Just another "Silicon Glen" farce in the making.
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Little wonder folks up north feel so marginalised by their peers in the south when reading them comments.
                Last edited by scooterscot; 24 July 2018, 07:54.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                  Unfortunately, you've had your vote.
                  Vote early & vote often.

Until you get the result that "they" want.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
                    Democracy isn't a one-off vote. It's developing and we will have another indyref in the Spring.
                    Your faces will be a picture when you vote for independence and fail to realise that all those jobs have to come back south of the border.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      Little wonder folks up north feel so marginalised by their peers in the south when reading them comments.
                      They have been marginalised since the Northern progress.

Comment

Working...
                      X