• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London finance exodus to...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barclays have said the reason for this investment in the Glasgow campus is to bring jobs back in-house.
    What do you think this means?
    I reckon it means getting rid of the big consultancies /outsourcers and having mostly staff jobs with a few one-man band contractors when needed.
    Or does anyone reckon its going to be a permie only paradise?
    They are about to open a similar centre in Pune, India. It will be staffed by Barclays permanent staff.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      But like most places the scottish accent does vary quite considerably - is there any particular region of Scotland which has the 'best' accent?
      Inverness is normally mentioned for the best Scottish accent although the contact centres are usually round the central belt.

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
        Inverness is normally mentioned for the best Scottish accent although the contact centres are usually round the central belt.
        Yeah I'll go with that when I was in Uni in Edinburgh I met a lovely young woman from Lossiemouth - and she had possibly the best accent ever.

and thats only an hour from Inverness...

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          Yeah I'll go with that when I was at ex-poly in Edinburgh I met a lovely young woman from Lossiemouth - and she had possibly the best accent ever.

and thats only an hour from Inverness...
          There, FTFY. You wouldn't have been admitted to Edinburgh University.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
            Also, polls show that younger people are roughly 80/20 in favour of independence so every year more of those voters are available to yes whereas the older voters who voted no are dying off. 16 & 17 year olds are allowed to vote in the independence referendum.
            Correct. Older people die, BUT young people grow up. Don't be surprise to find that a proportion of kiddies who voted yes would vote no, now they have grown up a bit.

Comment

Working...
            X