• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Im done

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    You've got to be kidding right? Show's how little you know about these areas.
    Actually i do know alot. Ive lived in majority white areas most my life and they are nice to your face but behind your back they frawn at you. I've lived where they try to smash your windows and call you paki yet I am not remotely Pakistani or Indian (living up north) , I've lived down south and called the same (South east), lived in Newbury with the same insults.

Btw I'm Arab who has lived in the uk since i was 2 and married to a white English lady who agrees with me and even notices it in her own family(relatives). I've had it at school where majority are white. I'm not labelling all as I've had some very good white friends through collage and uni but 90% are from blue collar background areas.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmic View Post
      When you use the word londonstan yes it does. He is referring to people of colour, more specifically Asian. He didn't tuliphole or crime issue or cost or anything else but the people other than white being the issue.
      You can't ram diversity down peoples throats. If people feel particularly uncomfortable in certain areas of the country and they have the wherewithal then why shouldn't they move? And cite any reason they wish!

Now, what would be your reaction if groups of white middle-aged males started grooming and raping young vulnerable Asian women? Which card would you play?

Actually i do know alot. Ive lived in majority white areas most my life and they are nice to your face but behind your back they frawn at you. I've lived where they try to smash your windows and call you paki yet I am not remotely Pakistani or Indian (living up north) , I've lived down south and called the same (South east), lived in Newbury with the same insults.

Btw I'm Arab who has lived in the uk since i was 2 and married to a white English lady who agrees with me and even notices it in her own family(relatives). I've had it at school where majority are white. I'm not labelling all as I've had some very good white friends through collage and uni but 90% are from blue collar background areas.
      I'm willing to bet their spelling and grammar are superior to yours too!

In advance I'd like to apologise for the British education system failing you.
      Last edited by Zigenare; 23 July 2018, 14:44.
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        You can't ram diversity down peoples throats. If people feel particularly uncomfortable in certain areas of the country and they have the wherewithal then why shouldn't they move? And cite any reason they wish!

Now, what would be your reaction if groups of white middle-aged males started grooming and raping young vulnerable Asian women? Which card would you play?
        Lol but they do! Its just not worth of a news story that would get the masses angry. Grooming and raping occurs in all. It's not tied to just Asians (you do know there was white people involved in it). Because there is an assault on the minorities with the press it's played down.... Jimmy savil comes to mind and many others (only because of the pressure it came to light otherwise wouldn't of).

I am not ramming diversity down anyone's mouth. What I am peed off with is people attaching label to a set group (londonstan). That in itself is hate speach.

Comment

I'm willing to bet their spelling and grammar are superior to yours too!

In advance I'd like to apologise for the British education system failing you.
          Sorry don't have time to correct my grammar and spelling.

1 on a mobile so got auto correction with fat fingers doesn't help
          2 on a forum
          3 didn't know I was taking an English class
          4 thanks for showing your true colours. Clearly buthurt. What has my education got to do with this? I'm probably more educated then you. Please stick to topic

Comment

Lol but they do! Its just not worth of a news story that would get the masses angry. Grooming and raping occurs in all. It's not tied to just Asians (you do know there was white people involved in it). Because there is an assault on the minorities with the press it's played down.... Jimmy savil comes to mind and many others (only because of the pressure it came to light otherwise wouldn't of).

I am not ramming diversity down anyone's mouth. What I am peed off with is people attaching label to a set group (londonstan). That in itself is hate speach.
            No it isn't.

Right, there is no way that you've been through the British education system including College and University so let's drop that pretence.

I maintain that if people don't want to live in what they see as an increasingly alien community then they shouldn't have to.
            Last edited by Zigenare; 23 July 2018, 15:01.
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

No it isn't.

Right, there is no way that you've been through the British education system including College and University so let's drop that pretence.
              Are you quite sure about that?

Sounds more or less par for the course from what I've seen over the last 13 miserable years.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                Are you quite sure about that?

Sounds more or less par for the course from what I've seen over the last 13 miserable years.
                I'd like to hope that things aren't that bad within the hallowed halls of our once great education system - possibly a fools errand, I concede!

Comment

I'd like to hope that things aren't that bad within the hallowed halls of our once great education system - possibly a fools errand, I concede!
                  Depends if the university has always been a university or not from my experience....
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                    Depends if the university has always been a university or not from my experience....
                    Not something I have personal experience of - apart from a mate who used to chat German birds up with the line "I went to Cambridge!" to which we'd shout "Poly!".

Comment

Well that escalated quickly!

Good luck to the OP. Wish you all the best in Jerseystan

Comment

Working...
                      X