Might need to re-think the next CUK(western section) meeting location Might need to re-think the next CUK(western section) meeting location - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 11 to 16 of 16

Godlike

barrydidit is a fount of knowledge

It doesn't take very long on the French motorway network to realise we have got it very wrong over here.

Godlike

BoredBloke 's job has never been outsourced

Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    My main requirement of a motorway service station: Does it have a toilet I can use without picking up any communicable diseases.

If it does, I'm mostly happy.
    If it's also got a grassy area where I can let The Dog (tw) out safely for a wee, even better.
    I obviously have higher expectations. It would be nice to get something to eat without having to sell a kidney to fund it. It would be nice to be able to put some fuel in the car without being stung for fuel that's about 15p per litre more expensive than anywhere else.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Super poster

Zigenare - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by barrydidit View Post
    It doesn't take very long on the French motorway network to realise we have got it very wrong over here.
    Indeed!

Steak & Frites - steak cooked while you wait, all with a nice glass of red wine.

Most civilised!
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Given that you refuse to work for Jews, because you believe that they are only out for themselves and that they see gentiles as just there to be used, WGAS what you think.
    You do me old chum, obviously

Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Churchy says that May Day is a Zionist Occupation Government conspiracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Only it is somewhat suspicious that this unsubstantiated claim has been made against the object of Alt-Right antisemitic conspiracy lies.

Godlike

BoredBloke 's job has never been outsourced

I prefer the setup in the US. Signs that tell you what places are available at each junction and you take your pick. I remember hearing something that the fear was that the services could be the destination if they became too good. Well the certainly succeeded in avoiding that!
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Double Godlike!

LondonManc is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by BoredBloke View Post
    I prefer the setup in the US. Signs that tell you what places are available at each junction and you take your pick. I remember hearing something that the fear was that the services could be the destination if they became too good. Well the certainly succeeded in avoiding that!
    You can do similar over here if you plan it. For example, northbound M5, hop off at Tiverton, up the A38, call in at the 17th Century Hotel & Restaurant for a meal, fuel up at the Shell petrol station at Chelston roundabout and back on the M5 at Wellington.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

WTFH is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by BoredBloke View Post
    I obviously have higher expectations. It would be nice to get something to eat without having to sell a kidney to fund it. It would be nice to be able to put some fuel in the car without being stung for fuel that's about 15p per litre more expensive than anywhere else.
    For those things, I wouldn't use a service station, but probably look at an app such as AroundMe (for various types of places), PetrolPrices for fuel prices, etc.
    Strong and Stable Moderation