• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Global Warming

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm all for proper seasons rather than different shades of grey. I'll gladly take colder winters for more summers like this one, with our utility companies and other infrastructure services having to adapt accordingly.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I always thought that temperatures rise around the world then we'll just become a hot country like the ones we go to on holiday to get some decent sun.

Will be catastrophic for those hot countries if they become uninhabitable during the summer - and wildlife, vegetation. Doesn't really bear thinking about but we might be doing more than just think about it if this keeps up!
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
        I always thought that temperatures rise around the world then we'll just become a hot country like the ones we go to on holiday to get some decent sun.

Will be catastrophic for those hot countries if they become uninhabitable during the summer - and wildlife, vegetation. Doesn't really bear thinking about but we might be doing more than just think about it if this keeps up!
        Doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. We're just another transient species - just a little more destructive than most.
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

But as those areas get hotter - surely places with lots of Ice - like Greenland - the ice will melt thus leaving more arable and livable land?

Or not?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            But as those areas get hotter - surely places with lots of Ice - like Greenland - the ice will melt thus leaving more arable and livable land?

Or not?
            I'm sure it will all work itself out
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

Or not?
              And then the low lying arable lan in places like East Anglia, Lincolnshire, Kent will be lost to the sea.

We're doomed I tell ya, all doomed.

Repent ye sins for the world doth end tomorrow(ish).

Comment

Time to start prepping?

Comment

Time to start prepping?

Does that float? It needs to float.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
                    Does that float? It needs to float.
                    Hopefully by the time anything like this is needed it will fly as well

Comment

Hopefully by the time anything like this is needed it will fly as well
                      Anything that flies will need to land eventually and therefore will need to float...unless of course it is cloudbase

in which case I'll happily live there with Destiny, Harmony, Symphony, Melody and Rhapsody.
                      Last edited by Yorkie62; 24 July 2018, 13:10.

Comment

Working...
                      X