• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Get a degree in computer science!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CS degree from Oxford, Cambridge, Imperial: > 40K starting
    CS degree from some ex-poly: < 15K starting

Simple.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

Simple.
      UK universities ranked by subject area: Computer Science & Information Systems

https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...ce-information

If group by "Satisfied with course" in the table above then the top 1 is St. Andrews.
      And "Career after 6 months" is N/A. Princes do not work?

Comment

Simple.
        Don't waste your money on tuition fees. Everything you could possibly need can be found at the local bookshop....

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
          Considering someone on work experience here at current client just received an honours in computer science and mathematics and doesn't know what binary or RPN is, I'm not surprised it's on the tulip list!

Btw, aren't medical degrees somewhat longer in duration than the others?
          You are lying.

Comment

For once I have to agree with OG. Number systems are taught in secondary school, they no longer teach arithmetic in number bases but that is a special technique handled by decent calculators anyway.

Students should NOT go to Uni for vocational training, employers should not expect graduates from an academia to come with vocational experience.

Comment

I didn't get a degree or any A levels.

I'm on standard BA rate
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                I didn't get a degree or any A levels.
                It shows.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

It shows.
                  The University of Cretin was all I needed to land the same rates as you educated lot
                  "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                    The University of Cretin was all I needed to land the same rates as you educated lot
                    It's impressive you're on 1200 a day without any quals.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      You are lying.
                      No, unfortunately I am not.

I have given her my old RPN calculator so she can learn about RPN.
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X