• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Get a degree in computer science!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dentistry graduates earn TWICE as much as creative degrees | Daily Mail Online

What the top 20 degrees will earn you five years after graduating

1. Medicine and dentistry £47,300

2. Economics £37,900

3. Veterinary science £34,900

4. Mathematical sciences £33,100

5. Engineering and technology £32,600

6. Nursing £28,500

7. Computer science £27,800

8. Languages (including English studies) £27,400

And earn £400 pa more than someone who studied English and less than a nurse!

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Comment

there you see there must be a shortage!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        there you see there must be a shortage!
        Considering someone on work experience here at current client just received an honours in computer science and mathematics and doesn't know what binary or RPN is, I'm not surprised it's on the tulip list!

Btw, aren't medical degrees somewhat longer in duration than the others?
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

Yes, about 6 years

Comment

Considering someone on work experience here at current client just received an honours in computer science and mathematics and doesn't know what binary or RPN is, I'm not surprised it's on the tulip list!

Risk Priority Number?
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Risk Priority Number?
              Right Pickle Now.as In a RPN!

Comment

Yes but it's paydirt for them once they're trained up:
                https://www.prospects.ac.uk/job-profiles/dentist
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Dentistry graduates earn TWICE as much as creative degrees | Daily Mail Online

What the top 20 degrees will earn you five years after graduating

1. Medicine and dentistry £47,300

2. Economics £37,900

3. Veterinary science £34,900

4. Mathematical sciences £33,100

5. Engineering and technology £32,600

6. Nursing £28,500

7. Computer science £27,800

8. Languages (including English studies) £27,400

And earn £400 pa more than someone who studied English and less than a nurse!

I haven't read the article but i would be well surprised if a Comp Science Grad is on £27k five years after their degree.
                  Everything I have read is the shortage of computer science grads and demand is outstripping supply.

IT Grad salaries seem to be £25k-£35k
                  https://targetjobs.co.uk/career-sect...t-in-an-it-job

Example re MI6 : https://www.technojobs.co.uk/job/252...ing-graduates/

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
                    I haven't read the article but i would be well surprised if a Comp Science Grad is on £27k five years after their degree.
                    Everything I have read is the shortage of computer science grads and demand is outstripping supply.

IT Grad salaries seem to be £25k-£35k
                    https://targetjobs.co.uk/career-sect...t-in-an-it-job

Example re MI6 : https://www.technojobs.co.uk/job/252...ing-graduates/
                    There's probably a significant geographical factor in the figures too.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                    X