• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tommy Robinson Freed On Bail By Court Of Appeal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He'll likely still get done, and may even get the same sentence. The problems are procedural and that's fine - I'm glad our justice system has controls and measures in place to ensure fair trials for all (Isn't that ironic....)

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      oh goody NAT supports unlawful detention - who knew?

It seemed to be politically motivated at the time. Tit Robinson is a scumbag but its not like justice runs that fast normally.
      Nothing wrong with speed, but it seems it allowed the prosecution to make silly mistakes in this instance.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        Oh don't be even more of an idiot than you have to be. Nothing I wrote can be construed as supporting unlawful detention. If this was some left wing nutter you'd be the first to be crying that it's a disgrace (and if I supported the legal process, you'd call me a libtard or some such).

I'd say you're a hypocrite, but I think that entails some kind of self-awareness which you have demonstrated again and again you entirely lack.

Since the process by which he was detained was wrong, it's good that he's been released. Since he has a case to answer, it's good that there will be a further, fair hearing.

I hope that they find him guilty (entirely lawfully) and bang him up for a while longer. He seems a nasty piece of work.

sasguru is proved right once again.

Hmm

1. NAT suggested unlawful detention - check

Or perhaps they'll just throw away the key.
        That is unlawful detention the courts decided that recently. You have to have a probation hearing even if you are a nutter like Bronson or Hindley.

2. NAT's lack of self awareness & stupidity - check

3. Actually no I have defended due process even for people I despise (like TR the tit) because it weakens the legal system if you don't follow it. Nothing hypocritical you can despise the crime but attack the legal system.

3. yes he should be tried lawfully ASAP.

3. SAS right again - oh dear I thought we were supposed to be treating this seriously.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
          Nothing wrong with speed, but it seems it allowed the prosecution to make silly mistakes in this instance.
          if they rush it through and make mistakes then there is something wrong with speed.

You looking forward to giving your taxes out in compensation?

Comment

Oh vetran. You really do need an education. Here - read the definition of this word and see if it helps.

And as for your statement that we're supposed to take anything in General seriously...
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Oh vetran. You really do need an education. Here - read the definition of this word and see if it helps.

And as for your statement that we're supposed to take anything in General seriously...
              so you meant the call for unlawful detention to be a joke. - Hilarious

No I suggested taking AssGuru seriously was stupid!

Comment

so you meant the call for unlawful detention to be a joke. - Hilarious

Oh take the broomstick out of your backside.

Comment

only if you take your head out of your arse!

Comment

only if you take your head out of your arse!

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

He gets quite witty when he's riled. Well, half-witty...

Comment

Working...
                      X