• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Extreme weather

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extreme weather

Well there I was in between courses, having cooked the kids dinner and then about to do ice cream when all of the sudden the temperature seemed to increase quite drastically from what had been around 26/27 degrees to 42 according to the temperature gauge

This had been preceded by a very strange set of dark clouds with an orange haze, almost flame like with smoke mixed in.

As the temperature increased to a desert like heat, there was a sound of distant thunder and then the wind picked up and then again and then again. It was like being in a desert windstorm as things went flying all around with the sound of continuos crashing. As I was able to get onto the roof I was budgeted by the hotest wind I’ve ever felt. It felt and looked like hell had opened.

I should point out Im near the Algarve and the temp has been in the 30s all day and no wind. There appears to be a raging fire not far away and this must have been the heat wave they’ve all talked about which has now arrived.

It’s now dead dead calm but ridiculously hot at 8.45pm.

I think I’m
    In the eye of a hurricane!
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

For once, it looks like the five-day forecast may be correct....

Comment

Portugal’s skies turn orange as desert air sends temperature soaring

https://www.theguardian.com/weather/...e-temperatures

Comment

WTF did you go to Portugal for?

It's been hot enough here over the last month.

Without having skies looking as if the 4 horsemen of the Apocalypse were riding by.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Without having skies looking as if the 4 horsemen of the Apocalypse were riding by.
          Stop being sensible!
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

I think the kids would have thrown a major paddy if he'd said "let's all go to Clacton for 2 weeks." And he'd have had to hide the sharp knives when he told the missus...
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Ah well, terminal sunstroke should cure all that.

Comment

Raining ash now. I now know what it feels to be in Pompei. I hope I don’t get frozen in time
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Don't drink the black rain.

It never ends well.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Raining ash now. I now know what it feels to be in Pompei. I hope I don’t get frozen across two time zones
                    FTFY
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X