• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PCN with no photo - appealing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
    Probably not the best place to ask for a sensible reply.

Try Helping the motorist get justice

Edit: it's an odd url but not dodgy and SFW - they've been around years.
    Thanks I'll have a look

Comment

Got no details but my son successfully appealed a parking fine recently. Did all his own Google research on it.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

It is possible to appeal if there's anything wrong with their signage etc. When they issue a ticket in the post they are supposed to provide some sort of pictorial evidence, even if it's just a dodgy still taken on a phone by a traffic womble.
        From the minute you appeal (which initially costs nothing) the process is suspended, so if there's any doubt, you might as well appeal.
        Go back to the scene of the crime and photograph everything which might help, including obscured signs etc. and take it to the local ombudsman if you think they're taking the piss. If it turns out that you're the one taking the piss, it will cost you quite a lot more than the original fine...
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          It is possible to appeal if there's anything wrong with their signage etc. When they issue a ticket in the post they are supposed to provide some sort of pictorial evidence, even if it's just a dodgy still taken on a phone by a traffic womble.
          From the minute you appeal (which initially costs nothing) the process is suspended, so if there's any doubt, you might as well appeal.
          Go back to the scene of the crime and photograph everything which might help, including obscured signs etc. and take it to the local ombudsman if you think they're taking the piss. If it turns out that you're the one taking the piss, it will cost you quite a lot more than the original fine...
          It wasn't through the post but stuck on my windscreen.
          I have taken photos of my own showing my car on no single/double yellows or red lines. No signs to say its a red route or a clear way.
          I guess the question I had was if they cant provide a photo.....should I? Or as mentioned earlier go with the no photo no evidence route

Comment

If your photo shows you're 'innocent' then why wouldn't you provide it?

Comment

Originally posted by wparkar View Post
              It wasn't through the post but stuck on my windscreen.
              I have taken photos of my own showing my car on no single/double yellows or red lines. No signs to say its a red route or a clear way.
              I guess the question I had was if they cant provide a photo.....should I? Or as mentioned earlier go with the no photo no evidence route
              If it was stuck to your windscreen then it must have been issued by a Traffic Warden and therefore they do not need to provide you with any photographic evidence. Exactly where, which road, was the ticket issued? Have you googled and checked that the location is not on a designated red route. I assume that you were not parked in a bus lane or cycle lane, taxi rank, designated disabled parking area, etc. and all four wheels were on the road, i.e. not two wheels on the pavement.

Comment

If there was a ticket on your windscreen there is probably a reason, but you may not have figured it out.

I presume a letter will come in the post with the details. Sometimes it isn't obvious.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
                  If it was stuck to your windscreen then it must have been issued by a Traffic Warden and therefore they do not need to provide you with any photographic evidence. Exactly where, which road, was the ticket issued? Have you googled and checked that the location is not on a designated red route. I assume that you were not parked in a bus lane or cycle lane, taxi rank, designated disabled parking area, etc. and all four wheels were on the road, i.e. not two wheels on the pavement.
                  I was parked in Ruislip, Ducks Hill Road.
                  I was parked with 2 wheels on the road (as were the 10 other cars in front of me). However on the PCN the reason is:

Stopped where parking is prohibited (Either a Red Route or a clearway).

If its due to mounting the kerb then they provide this as a reason (I know, I have had this ticket before as well!)

Comment

Interesting thread on the subject

http://forums.pepipoo.com/lofiversio...p/t120192.html

It would appear that certain sections of Ducks Hill Road have a 50mph limit and therefore are a Clearway.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
                      Interesting thread on the subject

FightBack Forums > PCN for parking on a red route in Ruislip

It would appear that certain sections of Ducks Hill Road have a 50mph limit and therefore are a Clearway.
                      I registered on pepipoo this morning and found that topic as well.
                      I was not aware of that.
                      Will see what the appeal verdict comes back with...

Comment

Working...
                      X