Sleuths needed Sleuths needed
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Sleuths needed

  1. #1

    More fingers than teeth

    xoggoth - scorchio!

    xoggoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    xoggoth towers
    Posts
    13,109

    Default Sleuths needed

    Couple of "Croydon Cat Killer" articles in news today:

    The ‘Croydon cat killer’ hunt has lasted three grisly years. But is he man or myth?

    The man leading the search for the Croydon Cat Killer thinks a journalist is behind the killing of over 500 animals.

    Why is it taking so long? Sure Father Brown or Jonathon Creek or Sherlock or Miss Marple or Hetty Wainthrop or etc etc should solve this in an hour!
    bloggoth

    If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

  2. #2

    TPAFKAk2p2

    mudskipper is always on top

    mudskipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Null island
    Posts
    26,010

    Default

    It's #InternationalCatDay

    My moggies are so unfriendly they are in no danger.

  3. #3

    Godlike

    Mordac is a fount of knowledge

    Mordac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Civilisation-ish
    Posts
    8,624

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xoggoth View Post
    Couple of "Croydon Cat Killer" articles in news today:

    The ‘Croydon cat killer’ hunt has lasted three grisly years. But is he man or myth?

    The man leading the search for the Croydon Cat Killer thinks a journalist is behind the killing of over 500 animals.

    Why is it taking so long? Sure Father Brown or Jonathon Creek or Sherlock or Miss Marple or Hetty Wainthrop or etc etc should solve this in an hour!
    Sherlock & Jonathan Creek would have to take at least 2 hours, for contractual reasons - I can't speak for Hetty Wainthrop (my spellchecker doesn't even think this is a real person) but Father Brown is usually done in an hour. Miss Marple is almost certainly long dead by now, given that she was about 102 in the 1950's, but that's telly for you...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

  4. #4

    Super poster

    Zigenare - scorchio!

    Zigenare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    3,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mordac View Post
    Sherlock & Jonathan Creek would have to take at least 2 hours, for contractual reasons - I can't speak for Hetty Wainthrop (my spellchecker doesn't even think this is a real person) but Father Brown is usually done in an hour. Miss Marple is almost certainly long dead by now, given that she was about 102 in the 1950's, but that's telly for you...
    What about Columbo, Ironside, Quincy(Nice Boat) or Petrocelli(Did he ever finish building his house)?

    Sounds to me like you need Shaggy and Scooby!
    (Obviously without Scrappy - the little tulip!)

    Maybe "Hong Kong Phooey!" - perhaps "Spot" is one of the victims!
    Last edited by Zigenare; 9th August 2018 at 06:29.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Given that you refuse to work for Jews, because you believe that they are only out for themselves and that they see gentiles as just there to be used, WGAS what you think.
    You do me old chum, obviously

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Churchy says that May Day is a Zionist Occupation Government conspiracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Only it is somewhat suspicious that this unsubstantiated claim has been made against the object of Alt-Right antisemitic conspiracy lies.

  5. #5

    Respect my authoritah!

    NotAllThere is always on top

    NotAllThere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Far away from HMRC
    Posts
    20,819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mordac View Post
    Sherlock & Jonathan Creek would have to take at least 2 hours, for contractual reasons - I can't speak for Hetty Wainthrop (my spellchecker doesn't even think this is a real person) but Father Brown is usually done in an hour. Miss Marple is almost certainly long dead by now, given that she was about 102 in the 1950's, but that's telly for you...
    The Bill would have had it sorted in half an hour, including the 5 minute break for ads.
    Duct tape holds the universe together. In quantum chromodynamics it's known as the strong force. You get it in different colours, but metallic grey is best.

  6. #6

    Godlike

    barrydidit is a fount of knowledge

    barrydidit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    at the end of my tether
    Posts
    7,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    The Bill would have had it sorted in half an hour, including the 5 minute break for ads.
    More of a soap than a case-an-episode type detective show. It looks like Scooby Doo is the best detective on this basis.

  7. #7

    Contractor Among Contractors

    Yorkie62 is NOT a disguised employee


    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Omnipresent
    Posts
    1,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barrydidit View Post
    More of a soap than a case-an-episode type detective show. It looks like Scooby Doo is the best detective on this basis.
    Nah, Kojak, Starkers and Crutch, or perhaps call the 5'O

    Batman was always good at catching the baddies and he also has experience of felines

  8. #8

    Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

    WTFH is always on top

    WTFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    17,578

    Default

    DI Jack Mooney would have solved it in under an hour, provided he got all the suspect around a table.

    But it would require a complete warping of reality to consider "Croydon" = "Paradise"
    Strong and Stable Moderation

  9. #9

    Super poster

    Zigenare - scorchio!

    Zigenare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    3,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    DI Jack Mooney would have solved it in under an hour, provided he got all the suspect around a table.

    But it would require a complete warping of reality to consider "Croydon" = "Paradise"
    We're forgetting about DI Gene Hunt! He'd fire up the four ringed monkey spanker, slap someone about, make a witty if somewhat inappropriate(for the 21st century) comment and make 'em 'kin cough to it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Given that you refuse to work for Jews, because you believe that they are only out for themselves and that they see gentiles as just there to be used, WGAS what you think.
    You do me old chum, obviously

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Churchy says that May Day is a Zionist Occupation Government conspiracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Only it is somewhat suspicious that this unsubstantiated claim has been made against the object of Alt-Right antisemitic conspiracy lies.

  10. #10

    TykeLike

    SimonMac is a fount of knowledge

    SimonMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    God's Own Republic Of Yorkshire
    Posts
    23,185

    Default

    Anyone else read that as "Corbyn Cat Killer"
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

    ― Marcus Aurelius

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •